• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super Off Peak ticket from Leamington to Dartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2012
Messages
88
Location
Stratford-upon-Avon
Hi all.

Just a quick query, I came down to Dartford on Sunday with a Super Off Peak ticket. I want to leave back for Leamington Spa as soon as possible on Tuesday, I've check the ticket restrictions (code PV) on brfares and it says it's valid on any train leaving Marylebone after 9am.

Checking National Rail Enq, I can use the ticket on the connection from Dartford - London Terminals from the 7.52am train - as this connects with the tube for the 9.15am to Leamington Spa.

Therefore I think I am fine to use the ticket on the connecting service from Dartford to London even though it's early and still during the peak period.

Is this actually the case? Don't fancy arguing it if it's one of those borderline cases...

Cheers.

Stu
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Yes, due to the Network Area easement, there is no restriction on the Dartford - London leg.

Network Area Easement said:
Off-Peak tickets for journeys starting within the Network Area to destinations outside the Network Area with travel via London are valid by any train to London, to connect with trains from London.

Off-Peak tickets for journeys starting outside the Network Area for travel via London use restrictions from the origin station to London and return.

Unless shown otherwise, they are unrestricted between London and the destination station, and return.
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,479
Location
London
Though don't be surprised if you have to have a "discussion" with gateline staff and/or Ticket Inspectors as to why it's valid coming into London at that time of the morning. :roll:
 

stu

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2012
Messages
88
Location
Stratford-upon-Avon
The gate at Charing X rejected the ticket at 8.30am this morning, the gateline assistant had a good hard long look at it but let me through argument free.

I need to do it again next week from Hastings so I'm prepared! Hehe.
 

thebigcheese

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2012
Messages
165
I suppose in some cases it might be cheaper to use a super off peak ticket in this way rather than the corresponding anytime fare to London...?
 

LexyBoy

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
4,478
Location
North of the rivers
In a few cases - from Dover for instance a Super Off Peak Return to LMS is cheaper than the Anytime Return fares, but only cheaper for Anytime Day Returns if going via HS1. I'm sure there will be other routes that could be considered as well as the Chiltern line.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top