• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super off peak return from Sheffield to Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

grak

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2025
Messages
11
Location
sheffield
Hiya, I have a super off peak return from Sheffield to Euston, only valid on cross country and liner trains. I want to leave between 5 and 7pm but can't see a way to meet the ticket requirements. I've already used the outbound ticket so this will be the return trip. What way can I go? I'm very confused.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,158
Location
Wilmslow
Restriction LG
Not valid for travel on services timed to depart the origin station on the ticket after 15:59 and before 19:01 in either direction.
You need to wait until after 7pm if you want to use this ticket.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

EG 19:46 Euston-Tamworth 21:11
21:27 Tamworth-Sheffield 22:23
 
Last edited:

nwales58

Established Member
Joined
15 Mar 2022
Messages
1,365
Location
notsure
Or, to travel between 1700 and 1900, excess it. Look at the other 'LNR and XC only' fares.

Off-peak return has restriction SK which appears OK. You only pay the difference between that and what you have already paid, about ten pounds.
 

grak

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2025
Messages
11
Location
sheffield
Restriction LG

You need to wait until after 7pm if you want to use this ticket.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

EG 19:46 Euston-Tamworth 21:11
21:27 Tamworth-Sheffield 22:23
Thank you for replying! So if i was wanting to travel after 7pm how could I go Sheffield to Euston?
 

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,158
Location
Wilmslow
Thank you for replying! So if i was wanting to travel after 7pm how could I go Sheffield to Euston?
I assumed from your first post that you were asking about the return half of a ticket from Sheffield, IE from London!
If your journey is the other way round, then 19:56 Sheffield-Tamworth 20:48
20:56 Tamworth-Euston 22:24

The same LG restriction applies to this ticket.

If you excess to the off-peak return, as @nwales58 has mentioned, you can use just about any train under restriction SK

Return Travel​

Return travel from London Euston is not valid before 08:45.
Return travel not valid on trains timed to arrive at London Euston after 04:29 and before 10:00.
Normal break of journey rules apply to the return portion.
 
Last edited:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,298
Currently an extra £9.50 to pay to upgrade from an Super Off Peak Return to an Off Peak Return (assuming no applicable railcard discount)?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top