northern506
Member
It was the first day of the Sunderland - Radio 1 Big Weekend today and the bus operation was a complete shambles.
I am not sure who is to blame for the operation, I assume the Big Green Coach company as their logo was on the timetables. They operated shuttles from Heworth and Park Lane, with around 15 buses missing compared to what was planned, and massive queues. They were also operated with a variety of dodgy looking buses, like bendy buses with panels held together with tape.
It made me think, it's likely the first time in a while a lot of these people are using buses. If this is the impression they get, I doubt they will be doing so again anytime soon...
I am not sure who is to blame for the operation, I assume the Big Green Coach company as their logo was on the timetables. They operated shuttles from Heworth and Park Lane, with around 15 buses missing compared to what was planned, and massive queues. They were also operated with a variety of dodgy looking buses, like bendy buses with panels held together with tape.
It made me think, it's likely the first time in a while a lot of these people are using buses. If this is the impression they get, I doubt they will be doing so again anytime soon...