• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Suggestions for outings this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

PudseyBearHST

Member
Joined
28 Sep 2015
Messages
1,122
Location
South West
Hello,

I'm planning to go on some train rides this weekend. Sadly next week, I will lose my British Rail pass because I will be no longer a dependent so I want to make the most of it :'(. I live near Paddington, love HSTs and get free train travel on most TOCs so if you have any good ideas for train journeys, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Pudsey Bear
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

itznonbine

Member
Joined
28 Oct 2017
Messages
45
If you live near Paddington can you travel anywhere on National Rail?
If you do give me a hour to make the absolute most out of it
 

PudseyBearHST

Member
Joined
28 Sep 2015
Messages
1,122
Location
South West
If you live near Paddington can you travel anywhere on National Rail?
If you do give me a hour to make the absolute most out of it

Yes. But that is the difficult part as my options are endless but only have 2 days.

Maybe have a trip to Pembroke Dock & back on the HST from Paddington?

Or a trip to Newquay & back

Thank you for the suggestion. I was definitely thinking about a nice, long journey on a GWR HST especially since they will be going soon so I won't get an opportunity again regardless of free train travel or no free train travel!
 

cactustwirly

Established Member
Joined
10 Apr 2013
Messages
8,424
Location
UK
Yes. But that is the difficult part as my options are endless but only have 2 days.



Thank you for the suggestion. I was definitely thinking about a nice, long journey on a GWR HST especially since they will be going soon so I won't get an opportunity again regardless of free train travel or no free train travel!

Hereford is a good run as well, if a little slow...

If you're feeling a little more adventurous, then a HST up the MML to Nottingham is quite fun as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top