py_megapixel
Established Member
Moderator note: Split from https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/platform-numbering-schemes-at-stations.225657/
For large complex interchanges, if I was designing the numbering from scratch, I'd do a prefix letter system and number by "island". For example at Crewe:
Platform 1 would be A1, platform 5 would be A2, then the bay platforms on the same island as those would be A3-A5, with the whole thing being "island A"
Platform 6 would be B1, platform 11 would be B2, then the bay platforms on the same island would be B3-B6, with the whole thng being "island B"
Platform 12 would be C1
For large complex interchanges, if I was designing the numbering from scratch, I'd do a prefix letter system and number by "island". For example at Crewe:
Platform 1 would be A1, platform 5 would be A2, then the bay platforms on the same island as those would be A3-A5, with the whole thing being "island A"
Platform 6 would be B1, platform 11 would be B2, then the bay platforms on the same island would be B3-B6, with the whole thng being "island B"
Platform 12 would be C1
Last edited by a moderator:
