• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Suggestion: A seperate forum for ticketing and fare related threads?

Would a new forum for ticketing/fare related threads be a good idea?

  • Yes

    Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No - Keep these posts in the "NR General Discussion" forum

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No - Keep these posts in another forum (Which one?)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    15
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Viking

On Moderation
Joined
23 Oct 2006
Messages
1,666
Location
some place west of France
Hail All! <D
Looking at the NR General Discussion forum, I see that there are a lot of ticketing and fare related posts knocking about in there, and indeed I intend to post a new one relating to a possible mistake or oversight made by the guard of my train earlier this morning. :)

Although ticketing and fares does come under the National Rail bracket, I believe that having a seperate forum for such posts might be a good idea - Although of course it would be up to Tom and the other moderators as to whether or not such a forum was created! 8)

Anyhow...I'm just curious to see if anyone else thinks that this is a good idea, hence why I've posted this as a poll. Would it be better to have such posts in their own forum, or just keep them in with the other NR discussion? :)

Note for Tom & Co: I have found the "suggestion box" feature under the Forum/Website heading, but I'm mainly curious as to other users opinions on this idea, hence this poll. Please accept my apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place! :)

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,843
Location
Nowhere Heath
Hey Death! Good to see you're on here again! Hardly ever see you on the forum these days!

Anyway, I'll be blunt and say I voted no in the poll. This is because I personally find it easier to find them all under NR General Discussion. That's mainly due to it having always been that way mind. Which means I would actually (can you tell I voted before reading the post?) not mind a section called 'Ticket Office' or something. We could have sticky threads on how to find the best fares and such...

So whilst I've since voted no, I would actually support this!
 

Donny Dave

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2005
Messages
5,394
Location
Doncaster
Death, I've just had a quick look through this part of the forum. While there is some posts asking for advice with tickets, there isn't enough demand for a seperate section (IMO).

It is a good idea though, 1 we will keep in mind for the future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top