Apologies if this has come up before - please redirect me if so.
I’m wondering if there’d be any reason/need/benefit for a through service from Sudbury to Walton-on-the-Naze. With bi-modes, there is no electric/diesel issue. I believe there are many Class 755s not running every day so sets are going spare I imagine.
The timings of the existing services work perfectly with eachother I’d say - those below but connected are the existing timings:
Sudbury dep 10:26
Marks Tey dep 10:46
Colchester dep 10:56
Walton arr 11:49
Walton dep 12:00
Colchester dep 12:53
Marks Tey dep 13:01
Sudbury arr 13:21
It does mean turnarounds are tight for a journey involving a mainline but I reckon it’s possible. Unfortunately, there’s also the complication in some hours of freights but I reckon these can JUST be fitted around.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
I’m wondering if there’d be any reason/need/benefit for a through service from Sudbury to Walton-on-the-Naze. With bi-modes, there is no electric/diesel issue. I believe there are many Class 755s not running every day so sets are going spare I imagine.
The timings of the existing services work perfectly with eachother I’d say - those below but connected are the existing timings:
Sudbury dep 10:26
Marks Tey dep 10:46
Colchester dep 10:56
Walton arr 11:49
Walton dep 12:00
Colchester dep 12:53
Marks Tey dep 13:01
Sudbury arr 13:21
It does mean turnarounds are tight for a journey involving a mainline but I reckon it’s possible. Unfortunately, there’s also the complication in some hours of freights but I reckon these can JUST be fitted around.
Any thoughts would be appreciated