• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stupid delays on the Bolton Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,795
Location
Somewhere, not in London
well where do I start, the service in from bolton was warned of CCTV, with a full security announcement, then 50mins later passed Farnworth under flags for some reason, then flag signals all the way to Piccadilly, where it turned round for going back to Blackpool N and Barrow-I-F, they said it was signlal failiures, but with that much BTP, GMP, NR staff and the amount of security announcments and how long they where stuck at Farnworth, I'm wondering if somthing else could have happened...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1D53

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2006
Messages
2,893
BTP have been all over the station recently, I've heard some of the Securicor staff have been attacked recently which hasn't helped.
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,795
Location
Somewhere, not in London
And they'll say it's because they where security staff, rather than the proberble reason of because they where a prat...
 

1D53

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2006
Messages
2,893
Well it took them nearly 5 minutes to let me past the other day, they were having real problems identifying a Northern issued free travel pass! Morons they are.
 

1D53

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2006
Messages
2,893
Group 4 Securicor they are. Same at Victoria at Oxford Road. They used to be at Blackpool too.
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,795
Location
Somewhere, not in London
There was me thinking that Northern where trying to employ their own Gate Staff, since I applied for the damn Job, I've also seen it advertised for SercoNed wide security and Serco have their own security firm (about as sucsessful as their tagging operations though)
 

1D53

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2006
Messages
2,893
When the barriers are being put on then proper Northern staff are being used as seen at Blackpool and now hopefully Oxford Road too. As for Bolton problems all I can find is signalling issues and I don't think its anything more sinister than that.
 

adamp

Member
Joined
5 Oct 2007
Messages
694
Location
Manchester
The staff on the barriers at Manc Vic havent got a clue what there doing atall !!!!
I asked for a West Yorkshire Train Day Ranger and they said it wouldnt work, so I got on my Leeds train, and the conductor said all they needed to do was type 'TRAIN' Day ranger...
=|
...Shocking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top