• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strikes on Saturday - disruption in Scotland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorEast

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2018
Messages
68
I'm thinking of travelling from Dundee to either Edinburgh or Glasgow. It looks like these routes might not be badly affected by the strikes (lots of ScotRail trains) but this is non-essential travel so I can cancel if things will be difficult. What do you think?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,331
Location
Glasgow
I'm thinking of travelling from Dundee to either Edinburgh or Glasgow. It looks like these routes might not be badly affected by the strikes (lots of ScotRail trains) but this is non-essential travel so I can cancel if things will be difficult. What do you think?
Other than perhaps being busier over routes/between stations normally served by LNER etc, ScotRail should be broadly unaffected on the 13th.

They are running their present timetable without any changes.
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,331
Location
Glasgow
Thanks! And are things likely to be more disrupted on Aug 20?
Yes, because the RMT Union represents Network Rail and the past occasions the RMT has been on strike only five ScotRail routes have operated, and on a reduced timetable:

Edinburgh-Glasgow QS via Falkirk High
Edinburgh-Glasgow Central via Shotts
Edinburgh-Bathgate
Glasgow-Lanark
Glasgow-Hamilton/Larkhall

And all only between about 0730-1830

I.e. - nothing to/from Dundee at all
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top