miklcct
Established Member
My journey plan for 13 December if there is a normal train service is:
Cycle from my home to Brondesbury and park my bike there.
Take London Overground to Hackney Central early afternoon (£1.05 using National Railcard Oyster).
Take London Overground to Clapham Junction, then another train to Ashtead in the evening peak (£1.80 using National Railcard Oyster to Clapham Junction, and switch to a Clapham Junction - Ashtead Off-Peak Day Return e-ticket (£5.50) from there).
Take a train back to Clapham Junction then London Overground to Brondesbury to pick up my bike back home (£1.05 using National Railcard Oyster).
The journey has been affected by the strike, and there will be no service to Ashtead. However, there will still be London Overground and Southern services to Sutton and Epsom Downs on that day until early evening. I have already bought the e-ticket as above.
My journey from Brondesbury to Hackney Central won't be affected by the strike. I will also be able to take London Overground from Hackney Central to Clapham Junction to avoid Zone 1 as well in early evening peak. However, my journey to Ashtead and back home can't be conducted as normal.
I understand I will need to use a bus to access Ashtead on that day as it is not on a route opened on Network Rail strike days. Which bus services (preferably a London Bus route) can I use to access Ashtead in the evening peak while strike day services are still running? Southern website mentions that I can use my paper ticket on TfL bus, Tube, tram or DLR services on any reasonable route to complete my journey. Does it mean I must refund my e-ticket (citing industrial action as the reason) and repurchase a paper ticket for the same route to complete my journey as far as possible on National Rail, switching to a London Buses to complete my journey, if I want to use a National Rail ticket for travel in the evening peak? Alternatively, depending on the zones used for the journey, I may use my Oyster card all the way instead if all travel is within the Oyster area.
When I return from Ashtead after the evening peak, the Network Rail network will have been shut completely. Which bus (preferably a London bus) can I use to get back to the operational Tube network (or alternatively bus all the way back home)? Can I use the paper ticket mentioned above, relying on the TfL ticket acceptance on strike days?
Cycle from my home to Brondesbury and park my bike there.
Take London Overground to Hackney Central early afternoon (£1.05 using National Railcard Oyster).
Take London Overground to Clapham Junction, then another train to Ashtead in the evening peak (£1.80 using National Railcard Oyster to Clapham Junction, and switch to a Clapham Junction - Ashtead Off-Peak Day Return e-ticket (£5.50) from there).
Take a train back to Clapham Junction then London Overground to Brondesbury to pick up my bike back home (£1.05 using National Railcard Oyster).
The journey has been affected by the strike, and there will be no service to Ashtead. However, there will still be London Overground and Southern services to Sutton and Epsom Downs on that day until early evening. I have already bought the e-ticket as above.
My journey from Brondesbury to Hackney Central won't be affected by the strike. I will also be able to take London Overground from Hackney Central to Clapham Junction to avoid Zone 1 as well in early evening peak. However, my journey to Ashtead and back home can't be conducted as normal.
I understand I will need to use a bus to access Ashtead on that day as it is not on a route opened on Network Rail strike days. Which bus services (preferably a London Bus route) can I use to access Ashtead in the evening peak while strike day services are still running? Southern website mentions that I can use my paper ticket on TfL bus, Tube, tram or DLR services on any reasonable route to complete my journey. Does it mean I must refund my e-ticket (citing industrial action as the reason) and repurchase a paper ticket for the same route to complete my journey as far as possible on National Rail, switching to a London Buses to complete my journey, if I want to use a National Rail ticket for travel in the evening peak? Alternatively, depending on the zones used for the journey, I may use my Oyster card all the way instead if all travel is within the Oyster area.
When I return from Ashtead after the evening peak, the Network Rail network will have been shut completely. Which bus (preferably a London bus) can I use to get back to the operational Tube network (or alternatively bus all the way back home)? Can I use the paper ticket mentioned above, relying on the TfL ticket acceptance on strike days?