• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stressing of waybeam bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mr_moo

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2009
Messages
658
Location
Cambridgeshire
Firstly, I'm going to assume you are referring to NR maintained track and I have answered accordingly:

Yep. Stressing rules have changed about a bit in the last updates - Some of it has moved to 2102. The intention long term is that 3011 becomes a 'how to stress' manual and the 2102 becomes the why/requirements for compliance etc.
Latest 2102 contains this:
1632171711232.png

There's no rule I can think of that prevents stressing on waybeams specifically. It's more whether the actual design and materials are up to taking the loads, and also account needs to be made of any forces from structural movement as per any bridge.
Indeed, the level ii competence specifically lists stressing on longitudinal timbers.

What version do you have? Latest 2102 is Issue 10. Latest 3011 (was 0011 but that was a good few years back now) is Issue 7.

HTH
 

mr_moo

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2009
Messages
658
Location
Cambridgeshire
No probs. I'm an NR track engineer so should be able to help! Feel free to share the full problem, either on here or via PM if it's not something you want to put on an open forum. Happy to help / advise / ramble!
 

Ploughman

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2010
Messages
3,104
Location
Near where the 3 ridings meet
Thanks.
I was A Site Engineer myself until 2010 on Track Renewals
No problems at the moment just debating methods or options.

I do have somewhere an issue from around 2010 - 12 but all I can locate at the moment is a copy of TRK/011 from 2006
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top