For an A level IT project I have been set with the task of studying certain types of websites in depth and I have encountered one of the questions which may be of great interest 'What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of the 'Internet forums about railways' concept?
I have thought of a few.
Strengths
Railway internet forums can provide route and ticketing advice which you may not find on the national rail website.
Allows free discussion of peoples personal experences of various aspects of the railway, which may come in use for other people when travelling on the train.
Weaknesses
Not everything is fact based on a forum, it may just be opinion based, so the information provided is not always reliable.
Please note this is not a comparison of strengths of weaknesses of railuk, it encompasses all rail forums.
So what do you think? I dont want this thread degenerating into the weaknesses of railuk.co.uk thread.
I have thought of a few.
Strengths
Railway internet forums can provide route and ticketing advice which you may not find on the national rail website.
Allows free discussion of peoples personal experences of various aspects of the railway, which may come in use for other people when travelling on the train.
Weaknesses
Not everything is fact based on a forum, it may just be opinion based, so the information provided is not always reliable.
Please note this is not a comparison of strengths of weaknesses of railuk, it encompasses all rail forums.
So what do you think? I dont want this thread degenerating into the weaknesses of railuk.co.uk thread.