• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Streatham Hill - Z123 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

autotank

Member
Joined
6 May 2010
Messages
116
Location
Oxfordshire
Hello,

I've just moved to London and will be travelling from Streatham Hill - Oxford Circus for work more or less daily. Can I just buy an annual Zone 1-3 travelcard on my Oyster and still get a Gold card or do I need to buy a paper Streatham Hill - Z123 ticket to get it?

To sum up, ideally I would like this loaded on my Oyster for convinience, but I'd also like to get a Gold Card. Where should I buy it from and what should I ask for?

Thanks in advance!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2005
Messages
8,828
Location
Back office
Hello,

I've just moved to London and will be travelling from Streatham Hill - Oxford Circus for work more or less daily. Can I just buy an annual Zone 1-3 travelcard on my Oyster and still get a Gold card or do I need to buy a paper Streatham Hill - Z123 ticket to get it?

To sum up, ideally I would like this loaded on my Oyster for convinience, but I'd also like to get a Gold Card. Where should I buy it from and what should I ask for?

Thanks in advance!

If you buy it from a London Underground station, you will get a Gold Record Card. This is a paper counterpart which shows what product is loaded onto the Oyster Card. It also acts as a Gold Card. You may have to remind the clerk to load the railcard discount onto the Oyster Card.

 

cjohnson

Member
Joined
3 Sep 2009
Messages
614
Yes you'll be able to get this on Oyster at any manned Tube station. You'll get a separate paper 'Gold Record Card' which acts as the Gold Card. Don't forget to ask the ticket office to load the Gold Card discount onto your Oyster to benefit from the discounted PAYG fares should you travel beyond zone 3 at all.
 

alholmes

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2012
Messages
477
Location
London E3
Be prepared for bemused responses from some ticket office staff when you ask them to register the gold card on your oyster card (so that it applies the discount automatically on Pay As You Go trips outside of your zone). Not every ticket office employee is aware that it can be done for gold cards, or how to do it. The bigger tube station ticket offices tend to be better.
 

cjohnson

Member
Joined
3 Sep 2009
Messages
614
Be prepared for bemused responses from some ticket office staff when you ask them to register the gold card on your oyster card (so that it applies the discount automatically on Pay As You Go trips outside of your zone). Not every ticket office employee is aware that it can be done for gold cards, or how to do it. The bigger tube station ticket offices tend to be better.

The ticket office staff at LUL Charing Cross did it without prompting for me last December (which no doubt scared the bejeezus out of the tourists in the queue behind me - seeing a price of >£1k flash up whilst they were waiting for a £10 or so travelcard...)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top