• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Streamlined Duches of Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumrar

Established Member
Joined
26 Sep 2008
Messages
2,650
Location
Redditch
Sods law dictated that it wiuld have to come past against the sun, but whilst at York I got a shot of the wonderful job done on (4)6229 Duchess of Hamilton returning it to streamlined condition. I've done my best with the sky, but I overexposed that deliberatley to make sure I wasn't missing out on any loco details. The shot is attached.

I was going to head back to the NRM today to see it but learnt thaat it was a closed event for all of the investors in this fine work. How must Flying Scrapman feel, having hosted both this and Tornado recently in it's home locoation. It's worth noting that whilst it is still not finished, 4472 has cost more to repair than Tornado cost to build from scratch!!!! What a waste of money!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5518.jpg
    IMG_5518.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 21
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oracle

Established Member
Joined
19 May 2006
Messages
1,410
Location
Near Ashurst New Forest Station
Years ago someone was seriously talking about 'unrebuilding' a Bulleid MN! I think it would be possible now given the desire to create extinct loco species, build new ones and 'retro' rebuilds. I am gobsmacked at the achievement!
 
Last edited:

WessexWarrior

Member
Joined
1 Jan 2007
Messages
335
Location
Hampshire
That looks amazing! Like a spaceship on wheels! The men of the early twentieth century were a lot more optimistic about the future than we are.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top