• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stratford International to St Pancras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
19 May 2011
Messages
129
Hi Folks,

I'll be moving out close to Stratford International pretty soon, and given I work right next to St Pancras it looks like the easiest way to the office will be via HS1.

What's the most cost-effective option for this commute? The straightforward monthly season is £118.70, which seems a little pricey considering A Z1-3 Travelcard is only about £20 more.

I do travel around a bit generally, so I'd rather have the travelcard - there are a couple of conditions on NRE like the following:

Travelcards routed 'Plus High Speed' or 'Any Permitted + HS' are valid on Southeastern high speed services

Is this actually something I can use, or is it only for outboundary Travelcards?

I guess I'll probably just have to suck it up and pay for the season ticket...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
Travelcards without routeings that specifically mention High Speed are not intended to be valid on HS1, even between St Pancras and Stratford International
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
I've mentioned it before to a poster looking to do the same but the cheapest way I know to do this is zone 2-3 tc take overground to cally road then a bus down. Takes longer but is miles cheaper and avoids the zone 1 fare
 

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,044
Location
Yorkshire
Hi Folks,

I'll be moving out close to Stratford International pretty soon, and given I work right next to St Pancras it looks like the easiest way to the office will be via HS1.

What's the most cost-effective option for this commute? The straightforward monthly season is £118.70, which seems a little pricey considering A Z1-3 Travelcard is only about £20 more.

I do travel around a bit generally, so I'd rather have the travelcard - there are a couple of conditions on NRE like the following:

£472.80 per month for an Ebbsfleet to London zones 1-6 travelcard.....

I would get the stratford-st Pancras season, plus use oyster payg (or a travelcard) for your other travel needs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top