• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange Tube map I remember seeing from 2013-2015 (did it even exist?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankmoh

On Moderation
Joined
7 May 2025
Messages
825
Location
London
I seem to recall seeing a Tube map from around 2013-2015 that had some (but not all) National Rail stations on it, and that it had a line with double blue lines (similar to the Mildmay line but a bit darker) that travelled in various disconnected sections.
Did it exist? I don't know, but the memory is too vivid for it not to be in some for real, even if it was just some strange fan-made map I saw once.

Some lines I remember being on the map:
Beckenham Junction -> London Bridge but only with the stations that were already on the Tube map at the time (like Crystal Palace and Peckham Rye)
Northern City Line (in full)
Lewisham -> London Bridge
Romford -> Upminster (but for some reason the Weaver Line, well actually its predecessor, wasn't on this map)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sun Chariot

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2009
Messages
6,695
Location
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
What does your map look like? Do you have a picture?
Crumbs no, it's from my memory of living and commuting in London and I realise you mention a map dated 2013-15. The ones I refer to dated from 1994 until around 2010.

The maps I saw, should have had Jubilee Line as a limited service - because, the 7 years I used it, virtually every week had services cancelled during weekdays. o_O
 

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Joined
21 Apr 2013
Messages
28,694
Location
Nottingham
I recall something that had National Rail lines as slightly thinner double lines with the bit between the two lines dashed. I think they were only included if they provided a route between two Tube/DLR stations, and they didn't show any stations were except those interchanges. So for example Thameslink would have shown all the stations from Kentish Town to Elephant or London Bridge, except City Thameslink.
 

frankmoh

On Moderation
Joined
7 May 2025
Messages
825
Location
London
I recall something that had National Rail lines as slightly thinner double lines with the bit between the two lines dashed. I think they were only included if they provided a route between two Tube/DLR stations, and they didn't show any stations were except those interchanges. So for example Thameslink would have shown all the stations from Kentish Town to Elephant or London Bridge, except City Thameslink.
Does seem similar to the one I remember. Looking up Tube maps from 2013-2015 though doesn't show anything of the sort.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top