Willie Bee
Member
My wife and I will be travelling from Edinburgh to Aberdeen shortly (not yet booked) but a friend suggested visiting Stonehaven on the way, which is the last stop en route before Aberdeen.
Looking at the forum's website, tickets would be (2 adults, with railcards)
Although EDB - ABD would be £19.12 (quite a bargain really) the journey to Stonehaven, on the same train is actually more expensive.
There's another option that pops up too, the same LNER train as far as Montrose, then a 90 minute wait and another train to Stonehaven, again more expensive than the full journey to Aberdeen. Who would pick this option I wonder
Looking at the forum's website, tickets would be (2 adults, with railcards)
Although EDB - ABD would be £19.12 (quite a bargain really) the journey to Stonehaven, on the same train is actually more expensive.
There's another option that pops up too, the same LNER train as far as Montrose, then a 90 minute wait and another train to Stonehaven, again more expensive than the full journey to Aberdeen. Who would pick this option I wonder