• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange noise at Cardiff Central

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Martyr

Member
Joined
18 May 2026
Messages
14
Location
Penydarren
Perhaps I should've been clearer (I don't consider seagull cries to be a strange noise).

It's more of a continuous noise during the latter 12 minutes of the video, as if the whole area was fan-cooled or something (the noise doesn't come and go with the trains).

Oh I see. I noticed at around 12 minutes in that it seemed to be muffled when an 802 and a 756 were moving past. Maybe it was some kind of machinery in the area below on the south side of the station, perhaps to do with the tramway works?
 

Top