• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange c2c data omission

Kilopylae

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2018
Messages
1,100
Location
Uxbridge (ex Devon)
A bug seems to have crawled into TrainSplit this afternoon. I am trying to book a return from East Tilbury to Bristol Temple Meads, aiming to put the person I'm booking for on the 15:00 departure to Paddington on the return, Sunday 4th October, crossing London and arriving at East Tilbury at 18:24. For some reason, the only results TrainSplit will return involve very long overnight waits. If I ask it to depart Bristol at 3:00pm, I get:

1790597042321.png

If I ask for earlier trains it boots me out to the home screen. I tried asking to depart Bristol at 10:00am and got:

1790597152316.png

All these itineraries involve a wait at somewhere like Upminster or West Ham, so I tried forcing a change at Fenchurch Street, but it returned that there are no trains running.

For my sanity I have checked c2c's Sunday timetable and there should be plenty of trains between Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness calling at East Tilbury, so I'm fairly sure this is a glitch.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
3,397
Location
Bedford
The Shoeburyness line is bustituted on that Sunday, and it doesn't look like the RRBs (or at least, those designed to call at East Tilbury) are in industry data.
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,569
Have you tried to replicate this with another retailer? What results do you get elsewhere?
 

Kilopylae

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2018
Messages
1,100
Location
Uxbridge (ex Devon)
Have you tried to replicate this with another retailer? What results do you get elsewhere?
I just tried on National Rail Enquiries and got the same results.

The Shoeburyness line is bustituted on that Sunday, and it doesn't look like the RRBs (or at least, those designed to call at East Tilbury) are in industry data.
Ok, that makes sense. Does that mean it's just impossible to book it at present?
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,770
Location
UK
Ok, that makes sense. Does that mean it's just impossible to book it at present?
There are retailers such as BR Fares which allow you to buy walk-up tickets without searching for an itinerary. But obviously that's not necessarily the cheapest way of making the journey.
 

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
3,397
Location
Bedford

Kilopylae

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2018
Messages
1,100
Location
Uxbridge (ex Devon)
There are retailers such as BR Fares which allow you to buy walk-up tickets without searching for an itinerary. But obviously that's not necessarily the cheapest way of making the journey.
I don't think that's a sensible idea, as I'm booking for an external client whose travel is expensed, and who won't be impressed if I promise him a replacement bus that doesn't turn up... I'll have to wait until they are scheduled.
 

Top