genuinemistake
Member
Hi - I received a SJPN and opened it yesterday after coming back from holiday and the deadline to respond is tomorrow. Back in September I was stopped at the tube station near my university and told to present my pass which I did without hesitating as I thought it was mine. It turned out to be my mums disable freedom pass but on the witness statement it says old persons which is not true. I showed my ID and correct information when asked and also explained what happened which he also noted down but is not included in the witness statement. The person was very calm and I tried to remain so and told me I can explain everything when I get sent a letter which I never got this is the first time I am receiving notification. I let my mum know the same day who called TFL and the freedom pass company. TFL initially said they cannot do anything if it was a freedom pass and to call them. After calling them they said it was not a issue as long as I still had the pass and did not need to order a new one. I have a record of these calls made and will try and get freedom pass to provide call log if they are able to. Using my mums pass was a genuine mistake they all have the same cover ordered on amazon and have proof of this with a receipt well before the incident and a photo of the passes. They are kept separately but mistakenly I took the other pass as it out on the kitchen island I thought it was mine as I usually leave it on a table next to the island so I don't lose it and can grab it in the morning. This was a genuine mistake and I cannot afford to pay the fine with no income as a student and also get a criminal record for a genuine mistake because I woke up late and left in a rush what do I do?