John Connor
Member
So today I was stopped after passing the barriers being accused of using a child ticket, ( I'm not a child ) I wasn't using a child ticket either. I said to him that's weird as it was my contactless I usually use, however I said check my previous oyster student Oyster card I had when I was in college which was in my wallet (possible mistake ) , in the end after scanning my contactless it got approved on the reader, which I also tapped out with the same contactless at my exit station.
Anyway I was kept for an hour as he was adement I had a child oyster, he tried to get British transport police to search me but seemed like there was none about or free. So a off duty female office was asked to search me, so I agreed. She did, checked my wallet, and pockets etc, didn't find anything. She even starting to doubt the inspector after getting into a cheeky conversation with me . During the whole ordeal he took my name, address, date of birth. I wasn't given a ticket as he was writing notes. I was asked if he wanted to read his notes, I said no, he asked me whether I would like to sign I said no. He read out his your not under arrest bla bla..After all he said ok you can go. I wasn't told if any further action would be taken, so I'm a bit confused on where I stand.
Was that the end of it, as my contactless was used, or am I expecting a letter from the court, is so what can I do! As I don't want a criminal record for tapping in and out with my bank card ! Some advice would be really appriacated
Anyway I was kept for an hour as he was adement I had a child oyster, he tried to get British transport police to search me but seemed like there was none about or free. So a off duty female office was asked to search me, so I agreed. She did, checked my wallet, and pockets etc, didn't find anything. She even starting to doubt the inspector after getting into a cheeky conversation with me . During the whole ordeal he took my name, address, date of birth. I wasn't given a ticket as he was writing notes. I was asked if he wanted to read his notes, I said no, he asked me whether I would like to sign I said no. He read out his your not under arrest bla bla..After all he said ok you can go. I wasn't told if any further action would be taken, so I'm a bit confused on where I stand.
Was that the end of it, as my contactless was used, or am I expecting a letter from the court, is so what can I do! As I don't want a criminal record for tapping in and out with my bank card ! Some advice would be really appriacated