• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

STOP PRESS - Tornado Runs On The ECML In New Colours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LilLoaf

Member
Joined
15 Aug 2008
Messages
510
I thought that is was coming up to Newcastle this saterday. Leaves York 1200 ish arrives Newcastle 1330 ish, back again 1630 ish. Or is it not doing that now or have i been told wrong.
 

Gizmogle

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2006
Messages
6,015
Hey, just about your title image. It's a little big. In size and the other kind of size. Haha.
Maybe a 2MB bitmap isn't the best thing to use for a front page. Maybe convert it to JPG or GIF.

Just tryna be constructive :)
 

D841

Member
Joined
1 May 2007
Messages
111
I thought that is was coming up to Newcastle this saterday. Leaves York 1200 ish arrives Newcastle 1330 ish, back again 1630 ish. Or is it not doing that now or have i been told wrong.

It's running York - Newcastle and back on both Saturday and Sunday. On the down run on Saturday, it's booked 74 minutes start to stop. That looks like a very fast timing to me. Is it being tested at over 75 mph?
 

mumrar

Established Member
Joined
26 Sep 2008
Messages
2,650
Location
Redditch
I'm with giz on the main pic matter. It does look fine in its proper colour scheme now, although if it was running on the mainline I can't see anyone else not having seen it and shot it in daylight. Well done for getting some though, odd angle for certain.
 

wensley

Established Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
2,045
Location
On a train...somewhere!
I'm with giz on the main pic matter. It does look fine in its proper colour scheme now, although if it was running on the mainline I can't see anyone else not having seen it and shot it in daylight. Well done for getting some though, odd angle for certain.

Regarding the title image I'm working on it.

Tornado is running:

Sat. York - Newcastle & rtrn.
Sun Doncaster - Durham & rtrn.

The Sunday correction is due to football fan crowd control issues at Newcastle Central.

I did not mean this was the only picture but that it was quite probably the 1st as the shot is just feet from the point where NRM track meets network metals!!!

Jonathon
 

BJMorley

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2007
Messages
1,175
Location
Derby
I thought it said "STOP PRESS - Tornado Runs Out Of Steam" :lol: hmm, looks nice, but shame it wasn't sunny!!
 

wensley

Established Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
2,045
Location
On a train...somewhere!
Nice pics, what a absolute stunner Tornado is, roll on Febuary the 14th :).

Yeah, not bad considering the location!

More like roll on January 31st and February 1st. I will add the photos from my chosen locations which should see Tornado at full tilt.

Did someone say 90mph.....hmmm.....<D
 

D841

Member
Joined
1 May 2007
Messages
111
According to the UKSteam railtour information site, Tornado is now running from Doncaster-Durham-York due to "crowd control/security issues at Newcastle" on Sunday 1st Feb :lol:

Times @ http://uksteam.info/tours/t09/t0201a.htm

EDIT

Wensley has beaten me too it :lol:


OK - that gen hasn't been posted to my subscribed gen group yet. If it's correct, it no doubt will be, before Sunday.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Did someone say 90mph.....hmmm.....<D

That's certainly what I'm wondering.
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,146
Location
Redcar
My plans have now changed for Saturday, hopefully going to get out and see it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top