• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stoke-on-Trent to Kidderminster 2/05/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Have a West Mids Day Ranger ticket for travel tomorrow, I have the outward trip sorted (depart 07:29 arrive 09:33) But need help planning the return trip.

Off to the Severn Valley Railway and the last train gets into Kidderminster at 18:30, But I want to travel on the Cross Country diversions via Nuneaton to Stoke on the way back, can anybody advise me on a suitable route?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2013
Messages
962
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P32690/2015/05/02/advanced this departs KID at 1836, arriving Birmingham Moor Street at 1919, a short walk to New Street and you can make the diverted XC.
This train seems to be taking the diversion you want to take:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P30447/2015/05/02/advanced

Happy to be corrected.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
You could also change at Smethwick Galton Bridge for either the 1907 or 1922 services into New Street to save the walk.
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Hmm I was thinking the 18:36 might be a bit tight, but that seems to work, and a change at Smethwick would be nicer I think.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Welp, I missed the 18:36 from Kidderminster, and so I got the 19:13 to Snow Hill. I got lucky at Galton Bridge, as I got off, realised I was going to be stranded for 3/4 hour and so turned and got back on the train I had just got off! Got off at Snow Hill, and walked across to New Street and arrived there at 20:05. So had a 52 minute wait at New Street.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top