• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stoke-on-Trent to Chesterfield help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigVince76

Member
Joined
13 Apr 2010
Messages
107
I would like to go from Stoke-on-Trent to Chesterfield and return on Saturday for the roundhouse beer festival. The price seemed a little high but if I split my tickets at Derby this saves a bit, are there better ways to split this ticket? I have a disabled rail card if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,842
Location
Ledbury
I would like to go from Stoke-on-Trent to Chesterfield and return on Saturday for the roundhouse beer festival. The price seemed a little high but if I split my tickets at Derby this saves a bit, are there better ways to split this ticket? I have a disabled rail card if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

It looks like you are correct about the best split being at Derby.

Off Peak Day Return £16.60 (saving £5.10) (all prices exclude your railcard discount)
- Off Peak Day Return: STOKE ON TRENT to Derby Group @ £7.80 (route ANY PERMITTED ) (B6)
- Off Peak Day Return: Derby Group to CHESTERFIELD @ £8.80 (route ANY PERMITTED ) (B3)

I would be really interested to know if there's anything better.
 
Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,421
Location
Yorkshire
Yes... Stoke to Uttoxeter and then a Derbyshire Wayfarer from there :)
 

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,842
Location
Ledbury
Yes... Stoke to Uttoxeter and then a Derbyshire Wayfarer from there :)

Yes - £7.10 for Stoke to Uttoxeter then £8.90 for the Wayfarer. But there's no railcard discount on the latter, though, so it's a little more expensive (unless there's a group travelling together).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top