• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stevenage [SVG] - Grange-Over-Sands [GOS] Permitted Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LE Greys

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2010
Messages
5,389
Location
Hitchin
Please could someone give me a list of the permitted routes for a Not London SPR between Stevenage and Grange-Over-Sands. The way out is taken care of, Leeds and Preston via the Calder Vale, but I'd like to take a different route on the way back. They originally wanted to send me via the Little North Western, but two hours on a Pacer is a bit much. I've never covered either of the TPX routes, and the southern one seems most interesting.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Please could someone give me a list of the permitted routes for a Not London SPR between Stevenage and Grange-Over-Sands.

I take that it is a typo. Do you mean SOR (Anytime Return)?

Edit:

With regard to routeing, I think you need to do your own work first rather than relying on other people to list all permitted routes, of which there is plenty for such a journey.

Lancaster is the only appropriate routeing point for Grange-over-Sands and Stevanage is a routeing point itself, so you can look up all the permitted map combinations for Stevenage - Lancaster that does not give an itinerary travelling via any London Terminal.

The permitted map combinations are LONDON, BS+BP+ER, LM+CN+ER, MM+BP+ER, NC+NL+ER, NC+NL+SH+ER, NC+PS+ER, NW+NL+ER, NW+NL+SH+ER, NW+PS+ER. I am not going to go through every single one of them.

Maps are here.
 
Last edited:

LE Greys

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2010
Messages
5,389
Location
Hitchin
I take that it is a typo. Do you mean SOR (Anytime Return)?

Edit:

With regard to routeing, I think you need to do your own work first rather than relying on other people to list all permitted routes, of which there is plenty for such a journey.

Lancaster is the only appropriate routeing point for Grange-over-Sands and Stevanage is a routeing point itself, so you can look up all the permitted map combinations for Stevenage - Lancaster that does not give an itinerary travelling via any London Terminal.

The permitted map combinations are LONDON, BS+BP+ER, LM+CN+ER, MM+BP+ER, NC+NL+ER, NC+NL+SH+ER, NC+PS+ER, NW+NL+ER, NW+NL+SH+ER, NW+PS+ER. I am not going to go through every single one of them.

Maps are here.

Thanks, I didn't know about these, this might be very useful for the future. For some reason, the only times I have ever used any trans-Pennine routes were when I was four and six years old (the Little North Western and Settle-Carlisle). I thus have absolutely no knowledge of the areas as anything other than a theoretical construct.

I meant a Super-Off-Peak Return, so I guessed SOR, OPR, SPR. It used to be SOR, SVR SSR.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,558
Location
Yorkshire
Under the current rules, the routeing is the same regardless of ticket type, so it doesn't matter.

(SOR = Anytime Return; SVR = Off Peak Return, SSR or OPR = Super Off Peak Return, CDR = Off Peak Day Return)
 

LE Greys

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2010
Messages
5,389
Location
Hitchin
Under the current rules, the routeing is the same regardless of ticket type, so it doesn't matter.

(SOR = Anytime Return; SVR = Off Peak Return, SSR or OPR = Super Off Peak Return, CDR = Off Peak Day Return)

Thanks, I'll just stick with SSR return instead of trying to be clever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top