What would the rules be for steroid use in a safety critical role (train driver, depot driver)?
Seeing as anabolic steroids are legal to possess in this country.
Would their use whilst at work end with a dismissal etc?
Thanks
There are steroids and steroids. My understanding is that Anabolic steroids are not the same as those prescribed for various medical conditions.
I've been prescribed non-Anabolic steroids (actually corticosteroids) in the past, and declared them to the 'Railway Doctor' at the time who had no problem with their use. I think it would be different for anyone using non-prescribed steroids for other than genuine medical purposes.
Assuming your use is legal, I think the best bet is to declare them and seek proper advice.
FWIW, I'm not a driver, or involved with train movements, but am in a safety-critical role and at the time was out on track reasonably regularly.