Harlesden
Member
I have always assumed that the steam coming from a locomotive's chimney must be rather hot - as the same way as the steam from a kettle in the process of coming to the boil.
Have any tests ever been carried out to ascertain whether or not a running steam locomotive has any adverse effect on the OHLE cables underneath which it runs?
I may be wrong but I have the impression that most steam specials that touch London either leave from or arrive at King's Cross. As the OHLE on the ECML is rather a poor build to begin with - done on the cheap -is it possible that the occasional steam locomotive using the ECML has a weakening effect on an already fragile structure?
Have any tests ever been carried out to ascertain whether or not a running steam locomotive has any adverse effect on the OHLE cables underneath which it runs?
I may be wrong but I have the impression that most steam specials that touch London either leave from or arrive at King's Cross. As the OHLE on the ECML is rather a poor build to begin with - done on the cheap -is it possible that the occasional steam locomotive using the ECML has a weakening effect on an already fragile structure?