• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam loco 46115

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Good Morning,

Does anyone know is all is ok with steam loco 46115, I am booked to travel on the Waverley to Carlisle and from York to Scarborough both this coming Sunday & Bank hol Monday & I from info I have been gievn recently I think this loco was meant to haul both trains....but I have heard that there may of been some problem with that engine? hope these trips will be ok. Tks & Rgds.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EltonRoad

Member
Joined
2 Jun 2009
Messages
1,029
Location
Kendal
Apparently this loco is not available at the moment, don't know why. I was going to photo it on the Liverpool to Glasgow in two weeks but it's been replaced by Leander. According to uksteam.info the Waverley trip could be taken by Leander as well.
 

blackfive460

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
869
WCRC keep such information close to their chests but the info I have (which may well prove wrong!) is that 46115 returned to Carnforth on Friday for boiler washout then to work the Fellsman tomorrow. After that it should return to York in time to work the Waverley on Sunday then Monday and Tuesday's SSEs followed by 44871 for the last two days.
Currently, the SSE is being worked by 44932. That has a trip down south on Sunday.
I also hear that 5690 is going to Scotland the following weekend in place of the Scot.
A good indication of what is happening will be to see what works the Fellsman tomorrow as that may well prove to be the loco that will come over to York.

As usual, it's a case of wait and see.
 

9K43

Member
Joined
1 May 2010
Messages
558
I was behind this loco last Tuesday, and it gave a faultless performance from Normington and return.
 

blackfive460

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
869
Further info:
Scot expected to be Ok following washout so should return to York. If not, expect the 8F!
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Many tks for all the above infos/replies. I had very good days out on 29 & 30 Aug on the Waverley & Scarborough Spa Express, both were hauled by Scots Guardsman with good running and time keeping on both days, although there was a delay with the waterstop at Hellifield outbound due to having to shunt over to the standpipe, this was made up by the time we got to Carlisle and I think we were only 2 mins arriving there. Then 30 Mins early arriving back at York in the evening. Scarborough was very good too, I was surprised how busy that train was, they both had I think 12-13 coaches in all, nice to see so many people travelling on these specials. Heres hoping for a good day this Sunday on the "Beer Steam Trains" to Faversham & around Kent. Cheers!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top