Milton Keynes Central.
You'll be surprised at how many people who aren't from the area don't know the way to the town centre....
MK had crossed my mind too - the station is actually a reasonable trek from most places and even when living there for a year I found myself getting lost on more than the odd occasion!
I'll be honest and say that most of the stations between Walsall and Rugeley TV and a fair distance from the town.
Bar Walsall of course which is slap bag underneath a shopping centre and runs through the town practically
Thought you may something about that IPT :P
Yeah, Walsall is very much in the centre as I once found out, although I seem to recall the bus station was a fair distance away, or we may have just gone well and truly round the houses to get there!
I would say Rugeley TV is designed more for interchanges rather than anything else - unless they are running buses on the many occasion! Probably like Dovey Junction which I am led to believe is in the middle of nowhere....maybe that is a reason neither have staff....
Batley seemed a bit out the City Centre..
Batley is a long way from the city centre considering the nearest city centre is probably either Leeds or Wakefield!
As for being far away from the town centre, I do know Batley Station is up a rather steep hill but can't think where that is in relation to the town centre...being from the neighbouring town, that is probably pretty bad of me!
On the case though, I would say Dewsbury is similar to a degree - they feel the need for a town bus to get people from the bus station to railway station and into town, although the walk isn't too far, just quite hilly I guess.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also believe that makes me an Established Member again
