• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station usage projections for Barcelona Metro Line 9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSTEd

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Messages
20,348
I have recently become very interested in the architecture of the new Barcelona Metro lines 9/10 - especially their "two stacked platforms in a single bore" system.

And the very striking architecture of the stations, especially Llefia and La Salut.

I was wondering, however, just how many passengers those stations were actually built for? What with the extreme depths and reliance on lifts instead of escalators.

But going digging through Spanish documentation using Google Translate has not really got me anywhere.
Does anyone know where I might find projected usage figures for those stations (once the lines are fully built)?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stuu

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2011
Messages
3,772
It's an interesting line, although I have never used it... the planning information is going to be from ~20 years ago and in Catalan, so might be a struggle to find on the Internet. The Generalitat website does have some technical information but not the level of detail you asked for, it only talks about 100m journeys per year.

The lifts are huge, like the ones at Covent Garden - that copes with 16m passengers per year. The Barcelona stations all have 5-6 lifts like that so I don't think there can be much of a capacity issue
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top