• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station pick-up/drop-off areas inside a multi-storey or decked car park

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmncf

Member
Joined
4 Sep 2012
Messages
526
Are there examples of National Rail stations which have their car/taxi pick-up/drop-off areas under cover, inside a multi-storey or decked car park? I am aware of airports that feature this, but not aware of any National Rail stations.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Vexed

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2020
Messages
668
Location
Herts / Hants
Are there examples of National Rail stations which have their car/taxi pick-up/drop-off areas under cover, inside a multi-storey or decked car park? I am aware of airports that feature this, but not aware of any National Rail stations.
Take a look at Reading, it's confused me both times I've driven there! First time I ended up going into the multi storey drop off area instead of the car park once and there's no way between them staying inside the car park.
 

SargeNpton

Established Member
Joined
19 Nov 2018
Messages
1,744
Northampton's pick up/drop off is on the ground floor of the car park, under cover.
 
Joined
21 May 2014
Messages
980
Birmingham New Street, surely? I'm not totally sure if it's under the car park or under the Grand Central complex, but it's certainly undercover and attached to a multi-storey car park.
 
Joined
18 Mar 2007
Messages
465
Location
North Oxfordshire
Banbury has this in the East side multi storey car park.
It's not the most pleasant place for a lone/vulnerable passenger to wait at night for a pick up.
 

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Joined
21 Apr 2013
Messages
28,718
Location
Nottingham
At Nottingham people drop off and pick up on Level 2 of the car park, which has direct access to the concourse and parking is free for 30min. Alternatives are a bay on Queens Road which is limited to 2min wait (or was last time I looked) and a space between the platform 6 access and the car park entrance which I think isn't intended for drop-offs.
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,736
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Are there examples of National Rail stations which have their car/taxi pick-up/drop-off areas under cover, inside a multi-storey or decked car park? I am aware of airports that feature this, but not aware of any National Rail stations.

I think Bletchley may be about to move to this as there is to be a new traincrew booking on facility built on the short stay car park. Why there I have no idea as there is other unused land on the premises.
 

Prime586

Member
Joined
26 May 2023
Messages
294
Location
Knowsley
The Lord Nelson Street exit of Liverpool Lime Street was originally a pick up/drop off point under the cover of the multistorey car park that was built as part of the 1960s redevelopment on the north side of the station. It's been closed off to traffic for a long time though.
 

D1024

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2020
Messages
202
Location
Inverurie
Aberdeen for cars (not taxis) in the College St Multi-story (official station car park) - used it myself this morning :)
 

cryptus

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2025
Messages
11
Location
Croydon
Slightly oblique example, but Mill Hill Broadway's entrance area, with a few car parking spaces, lies under the M1 (and is one of the most unpleasant station entrances I've ever used).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top