• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

State Opening Of Parliament road closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonbridge

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Messages
1,896
As this concerns roads I guess this is the most appropriate place to ask this.

Just received my weekly TFL travel advice email which included the fact that, until 6:00pm on Friday May 15th, Abingdon Street will be closed between Parliament Square and Great Peter Street to support the State Opening of Parliament.

Given that the State Opening Of Parliament was yesterday, Wednesday May 13th, I’m not sure I understand why it needs two full days for the road to be reopened?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,647
Location
Isle of Man
I'd guess it'll depend what sort of infrastructure they've had to put in the road for the event. If they've had to use a lot of anti-terrorist concrete blocks, as I suspect they will have done, then it will take time to move them again.
 

londonbridge

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Messages
1,896
Well I appreciate it takes time to set things up and remove them but I just couldn’t see it needing two days.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top