• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Start with Northern 16th February. Anybody else??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joof

Member
Joined
28 Jul 2014
Messages
91
Hi all. Start my new career with Northern rail at Leeds as trainee driver on the 16th of February. Next Monday!!!! Is anybody else on the course or at least the induction next Monday. Can't wait to meet you all. Looking forward to the rest of 2015 I can't wait. Can't believe I have got here. Never thought I would so I'm over the moon. Best of luck to anybody who is still trying. Feel free to PM me about anything. See some of you Monday maybe.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

posh

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2015
Messages
45
Hi Joof, just wondering how long your application has been mate from applying to leeds and receiving a start date? Cheers.
 
Joined
6 Dec 2014
Messages
45
I applied on 9th December and they keep telling me to hold on til they decide to sift my application. You're one of the lucky ones they have already sifted then. . .

Any chance you can outline the order of the assessments, where they are done, any nasties they throw in?
 

Joof

Member
Joined
28 Jul 2014
Messages
91
I had already done the assesements with a different TOC so the counted with northern. I applied early in December and heard Nothing until early January when I was invited for interview. Passed that and then it was a medical mid January. A week later they offered me a start date in feb. I was told tho that people will be receiving invites for interviews throughout feb for an April intake. I think it goes application, interview, assessments, medical then conditional offer of employment. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you. I've been after this for a little while. Keep at it. As for the assessment process, this forum will give you loads of help and tips but they're not difficult as in complicated, it's more maintaining high levels of concentration. That's what I found anyway. Hope you hear something soon.
 

posh

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2015
Messages
45
Thanks joof, that's excellent well done. I will keep my fingers crossed to hopefully hear something this month. Best of luck on your start mate.
 

Joof

Member
Joined
28 Jul 2014
Messages
91
Thanks joof, that's excellent well done. I will keep my fingers crossed to hopefully hear something this month. Best of luck on your start mate.

Thanks posh. Much appreciated.
 

marsterfletch

New Member
Joined
12 Feb 2015
Messages
1
Hi guys, sorry if this has been gone over before. Ive only just signed up to this. Where abouts are you completing the application forms in order to apply from trainee drivers and driver roles?

I would love to find out more and apply for a job in the industry.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
P.S congratulations Joof
 
Joined
6 Dec 2014
Messages
45
Hi guys, sorry if this has been gone over before. Ive only just signed up to this. Where abouts are you completing the application forms in order to apply from trainee drivers and driver roles?

I would love to find out more and apply for a job in the industry.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
P.S congratulations Joof

On the TOC websites when they advertise. They don't take random applications, they'd be swamped. They only advertise each vacancy for a few days, if that. It has been known for vacancies to be taken down the same day, because they get so many applications.
 

Joof

Member
Joined
28 Jul 2014
Messages
91
Hi guys, sorry if this has been gone over before. Ive only just signed up to this. Where abouts are you completing the application forms in order to apply from trainee drivers and driver roles?

I would love to find out more and apply for a job in the industry.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
P.S congratulations Joof

It's a case of trawling through the different company's websites I'm afraid n checking current vacencies on a regular basis. Most jobs pop up on this forum when somebody sees them an creates a new thread.
 

Doobyjangler

Member
Joined
2 May 2014
Messages
32
Hey Joof. Massive congrats fella!!.

I remember battling with you for the FTPE positions last year. Ironically, have just followed in your footsteps and put in for Northern (Sheffield) this week so hopefully the same path'll be a good 'un for me too :p

Enjoy sir.
 

Joof

Member
Joined
28 Jul 2014
Messages
91
Hey Joof. Massive congrats fella!!.

I remember battling with you for the FTPE positions last year. Ironically, have just followed in your footsteps and put in for Northern (Sheffield) this week so hopefully the same path'll be a good 'un for me too :p

Enjoy sir.

Best of luck mate. Hope you get what you want
 

BigLee

Member
Joined
4 Apr 2014
Messages
29
I'll be a month behind you Joof. 16th of March for me. Trainee Conductor for Skipton. We should have special pin badges so we recognise fellow forum members! Good luck on Monday.

Lee
 

Joof

Member
Joined
28 Jul 2014
Messages
91
I'll be a month behind you Joof. 16th of March for me. Trainee Conductor for Skipton. We should have special pin badges so we recognise fellow forum members! Good luck on Monday.

Lee

Thanks Lee. I'll see you there. Well done pal.
 

beagles_about

Member
Joined
28 Jan 2015
Messages
6
I'll be a month behind you Joof. 16th of March for me. Trainee Conductor for Skipton. We should have special pin badges so we recognise fellow forum members! Good luck on Monday.

Lee

I start in Leeds on 16th March, trainee conductor for Carlisle! I'm proper excited!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top