• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stamford Hill to Crouch Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanFry1

Member
Joined
17 Nov 2011
Messages
662
I'm not sure if anyone knows anything, but today on the LO train that goes from LST to Enfield I spotted a lot of construction on the grassland that I would imagine used to link Stamford Hill to Crouch Hill on the GOBLIN line. I didn't realise there were plans to reinstate any sort of service along there, and I really hope this is not at the cost of fewer services via Edmonton and white hart lane.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steve wakerly

Member
Joined
4 Nov 2013
Messages
32
Location
Walthamstow
The construction site you saw, is to do with the electrification works of the goblin line.
when finished the construction site will be cleared. There is no planned connection between the two lines.
 

Chris125

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2009
Messages
3,272
Location
Isle of Wight
I'm not sure if anyone knows anything, but today on the LO train that goes from LST to Enfield I spotted a lot of construction on the grassland that I would imagine used to link Stamford Hill to Crouch Hill on the GOBLIN line.

IIRC track was never laid on the south-to-west chord, despite evidence of earthworks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top