• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Yorkshire and Chesterfield

Mugby

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2012
Messages
2,135
Location
Derby
I had a ride on the X17 from Matlock to Chesterfield on Saturday, first time I've seen the E400EVs.
Obviously only a few months old so how come they are in the predominantly white, 'modified beach ball' colours? What's become of the new, dark blue livery?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

florence

Member
Joined
19 Jan 2024
Messages
40
Location
Inverness/Sheffield
I had a ride on the X17 from Matlock to Chesterfield on Saturday, first time I've seen the E400EVs.
Obviously only a few months old so how come they are in the predominantly white, 'modified beach ball' colours? What's become of the new, dark blue livery?

I believe they were possibly the last vehicles delivered in that livery.
 

Teapot42

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2022
Messages
1,136
.. how come they are in the predominantly white, 'modified beach ball' colours? What's become of the new, dark blue livery?
From what I'd read, the new livery hadn't been fully approved and signed off by the time they needed to start painting, so the old livery was used instead.

Slightly odd that they chose that rather than the Electro livery used for the Rotherham Yutongs though.
 

mk1979

Member
Joined
27 Sep 2023
Messages
52
Location
Derbyshire
Officially the predominantly white livery launched in 2019 is known as "Stagecoach Local". The E400EV's were ordered and in build before the livery change.

Electro is a joint brand between Stagecoach and SYMCA so can only be used in South Yorkshire.

Let's see what liveries our next electrics arrive in.
 

JD2168

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2022
Messages
1,733
Location
Sheffield
Looking at BusTimes.org Stagecoach have cancelled the 141/142/143/143a services from October/November
 

Mugby

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2012
Messages
2,135
Location
Derby
Looking at BusTimes.org Stagecoach have cancelled the 141/142/143/143a services from October/November
Sounds like they've either lost the contract or decided they no longer wish to continue with it.

Should be interesting to see who replaces them, there's really only two serious contenders and I think we all know who they are!
 

Skymonster

Established Member
Joined
7 Feb 2012
Messages
2,064
Weren't those contracts merely gained as a result of the collapse of Your Bus?
The services have, over the last couple of years, been operated by Littles, TM Travel, Notts & Derby (school holidays only), TM Travel, Derbyshire Community Transport, and now Stagecoach.
 

ChrisC

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2018
Messages
2,266
Location
Nottinghamshire
Fingers crossed that you (Stagecoach) retain it as the services are now extremely reliable!
I understand that as tendered routes the timetables are probably determined and fixed by Derbyshire County Council. It would be useful and make travel more attractive if there was more coordination especially between the 140 and 143 timetables. Whenever I travel from the Mansfield area to Matlock I usually end up travelling via Chesterfield using the Pronto and X17. From where I live in Nottinghamshire, via Alfreton would be more convenient, but I just lose patience trying to work out the times from the irregular timetables especially for the return journey in the afternoon.
 

py_megapixel

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2018
Messages
7,502
Location
Northern England
Was looking at the map earlier and spotted that the 65 route was apparently all Yutongs today - hadn't realised that had gone electric yet. I noticed one that Bustimes reckoned had been sat in Litton village for over an hour, which is curious (if accurate - could just be a tracking error).

I'll have to go for a trip on the 65 at some point if it's now electric - it's a beautiful scenic route but its allocation of Enviro 200s felt really quite noticeably tired.
 

Llandudno

Established Member
Joined
25 Dec 2014
Messages
2,750
Location
Matlock
Was looking at the map earlier and spotted that the 65 route was apparently all Yutongs today - hadn't realised that had gone electric yet. I noticed one that Bustimes reckoned had been sat in Litton village for over an hour, which is curious (if accurate - could just be a tracking error).

I'll have to go for a trip on the 65 at some point if it's now electric - it's a beautiful scenic route but its allocation of Enviro 200s felt really quite noticeably tired.
I think the 65 is only electrified on Sundays as there are spare vehicles available?
 

JD2168

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2022
Messages
1,733
Location
Sheffield
I think the 65 is only electrified on Sundays as there are spare vehicles available?

Whenever I see the 65 on Monday to Saturday it is anything from a Solo to an Enviro 300 but always tends to be diesel run. The 65 buses on Monday to Saturday run through to Meadowhall instead of terminating at Sheffield Interchange & stay on the route all day
 
Last edited:

mk1979

Member
Joined
27 Sep 2023
Messages
52
Location
Derbyshire
65 is booked Yutong on a Sunday, was part of the original Zebra2 bid.

Availability on the EV's remains very impressive, on Friday lunchtime Yutong availability was 97.6% with only 1 off for warranty work at Pelican. ADL E400EV availability was 89.7% with 4 off, 2 for routine inspections and 2 for RTC damage. The E400EV's are now proving to be very reliable following the latest updates.
 

Llandudno

Established Member
Joined
25 Dec 2014
Messages
2,750
Location
Matlock
65 is booked Yutong on a Sunday, was part of the original Zebra2 bid.

Availability on the EV's remains very impressive, on Friday lunchtime Yutong availability was 97.6% with only 1 off for warranty work at Pelican. ADL E400EV availability was 89.7% with 4 off, 2 for routine inspections and 2 for RTC damage. The E400EV's are now proving to be very reliable following the latest updates.
Great news, they are a pleasure to travel on!
 

ALEMASTER

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2011
Messages
488
I understand that as tendered routes the timetables are probably determined and fixed by Derbyshire County Council. It would be useful and make travel more attractive if there was more coordination especially between the 140 and 143 timetables. Whenever I travel from the Mansfield area to Matlock I usually end up travelling via Chesterfield using the Pronto and X17. From where I live in Nottinghamshire, via Alfreton would be more convenient, but I just lose patience trying to work out the times from the irregular timetables especially for the return journey in the afternoon.
Was having a conversation today when it was suggested it would be great if some X17 journeys run through to Crich tramway village. Suspect the commercial viability might not be so good though!
 

route101

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,295
I took the X17 from Barnsley to Chesterfield other week. At Chesterfield I had to change onto another E400EV. Timetable said it runs through to Matlock. Is that normal?
 

ALEMASTER

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2011
Messages
488
I took the X17 from Barnsley to Chesterfield other week. At Chesterfield I had to change onto another E400EV. Timetable said it runs through to Matlock. Is that normal?
The depot is in Chesterfield so if a vehicle needs swapping out for whatever reason that would be an obvious place to do so!
 

Llandudno

Established Member
Joined
25 Dec 2014
Messages
2,750
Location
Matlock
Was having a conversation today when it was suggested it would be great if some X17 journeys run through to Crich tramway village. Suspect the commercial viability might not be so good though!
There are regular buses to Crich from Matlock (connecting with the X17) now operating reliably thanks to Stagecoach taking over the DCC contract, let’s hope they successfully retain the contract in November.

Unfortunately there are no buses to Crich on Sundays which is probably the Tramway Museum’s most popular day!
 

py_megapixel

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2018
Messages
7,502
Location
Northern England
Does anyone know what's happening with Sheffield route 7? There are some gas works closing a very short section of road in Neepsend. While First is dealing with this by means of a minor diversion(it only affects two stops in each direction), Stagecoach is bypassing Neepsend entirely on Penistone Road.

Quite aside from the Stagecoach diversion appearing to be an enormous overreaction to the matter at hand... would it really be too much to ask for the companies to talk to each other and and agree on one diversion for the whole of the affected service, rather than artificially inconveniencing passengers even more by splitting it between two roads?
 

Killingworth

Established Member
Joined
30 May 2018
Messages
6,490
Location
Sheffield
On Friday was impressed that almost every Stagecoach bus we saw in the North Wingfield and Chesterfield areas was an all electric Alexander Dennis Enviro400EV - in immaculate condition appearing to be straight out of the box.

20250822_110803.jpg


​

 

tram21

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2022
Messages
1,332
Location
Nottingham
Unfortunately there are no buses to Crich on Sundays which is probably the Tramway Museum’s most popular day!
Our most popular day is probably Saturday, but it'd be really great to see better buses, and a Sunday service.
 

43055

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
3,690
Whilst up at the Ecclesboune Valley Railway today I was pleased to see and picked up a 'Peak District and Derbyshire Dales' guide in the leaflet rack which is similar to the lake district guide. It also details other operators services from the key destinations which you don't often see.
 

Top