• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cainebj

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
2,627
Location
UK
Perhaps VRR 447 will become a driver trainer. I assume its an automatic

it is automatic :-P
it also has a very annoying bright tech display that does "AUTOCHECK ROUTINE" every few minutes!
there is a down side to VRR though, drivers seat is pretty sh*t. its got no support on it really (or it didnt when i was on it last year for sixth form).
would have been good to have it as a driver trainer, but saying that, an R reg Plaxton Interurban from another stagecoach area has just been sold on the internet!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
Joined
13 Jan 2008
Messages
4,566

hurrah! 20452s blind works again!! thought we would never see the day! :lol:

It must have been a different P reg B10 I saw with a Bright-Tech blind the other day :oops:

Plenty of R reg Volvo Olympians running around Lancaster last night on Carleton night club contract hires from the University, didnt get any numbers Im afraid.

I cant see VRR447 entering the training fleet unless Stagecoach have stopped training their drivers up to drive manual transmission - could be a problem with 709Ds still in the fleet.
 

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
20133 out and about again, very quick fix I must say.

All back to normal with 18354 after its knock yesterday
Not much else to report really
 

cainebj

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
2,627
Location
UK
just heard something that sounds like a Man Enviro 300 heading towards Workington Train Station. my guess being late night 30 service.
 

33011

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2008
Messages
300
hurrah! 20452s blind works again!! thought we would never see the day! :lol:

It must have been a different P reg B10 I saw with a Bright-Tech blind the other day :oops:

Plenty of R reg Volvo Olympians running around Lancaster last night on Carleton night club contract hires from the University, didnt get any numbers Im afraid.

I cant see VRR447 entering the training fleet unless Stagecoach have stopped training their drivers up to drive manual transmission - could be a problem with 709Ds still in the fleet.
I used to like the B10M we had some of the PS type when i used to be a fueller/shunter for Stagecoach south.They have beautiful steering which was excellent whilst shunting providing you remember the overhang at the back.
 

driver9000

Established Member
Joined
13 Jan 2008
Messages
4,566
I was never much of a fan of the B10M Lancaster had about 30 at one point! I found them uncomfortable, rattly and rough riding. The steering had too much play in it (movement before actually moving the road wheels) that said though they were very reliable. I remember having 20547 one day and every time you took your foot off the throttle the retarder kicked in and attempted to stop the bus!! I think what made my mind up about the B10M was driving the double deck version 'CityBus' which was a B10 chassis with a DD body making it very tall, and when I was involved in a serious accident in a B10M which didnt stand up a frontal impact too well although I was able to escape through the emergency door (thats higher than it looks!!)
 

cainebj

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
2,627
Location
UK
20129 covering an E300 on 31.
42566 was on Harrington & Seaton, currently on Moorclose Circular 50 while 33167 runs the busy Seaton service.
33168 is on Harrington & Seaton.

buses on St Benedicts this morning were 14233, 14234 and 20777.
buses on St Benedicts this evening were 14233, 14258 and 16733.
 

cainebj

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
2,627
Location
UK
:shock: damaged already!

something i forgot to mention earlier, someone at Lillyhall been messing around with side display on 14233 again. it now reads "007". past readings have been "666" and "999".
 

Dallamlad

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2008
Messages
3,109
Location
Manchester
MAN on the X1 this morning in Lancaster which is odd so some ware there must have been a B10 on the 3/4 lol.

I wish they would get on with finishing off Lancaster's Tridents 2's. Spotted a driver today running through the displays on a Trident (think it was 170eighteen) and having trouble moving the handle having to take a rest half way through lol. Fair enough he may have been unfit but their still a pain and the Tridents need LED's ASAP.

14204 on the 40 earlier but came off at the bus station for some reason. 17020 was on the 55 last night and 18328 on the 6a both of which are odd.
 
Last edited:

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
17024 noted failed this evening outside the BP garage in Hala.

I don't remember 17020 being on a 55 last night - what time was this at? 18328 on the 6A is not as unusual as you might think, as there are only 3 buses for a PVR of 4, anything could be used.
 

Dallamlad

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2008
Messages
3,109
Location
Manchester
Must have been about 6.20 as I'd just got off the 555. No I have need a Trident on the 6a quite a lot but its still not the norm.
 

driver9000

Established Member
Joined
13 Jan 2008
Messages
4,566
the winding gear on the ex-LT Tridents has been noted as being weaker than the other roller gear. The only reason I can come up with is that the top blind was never wound as much when it was in use on LT routes, the buses there tended to be allocated to a particular route, 17012-17024 were normally on the 48 and 69 when at Leyton, so the blinds wuld have been left semi-permenantly on those routes. At Lancaster its almost constantly in use so has a tendency to go stiff or snap. Im going into the loft tomorrow so will dig some stuff out of my old work bag, and will post what the Tridents had on their blinds when they were first printed.
 

Dallamlad

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2008
Messages
3,109
Location
Manchester
Yes I know but my point was it must be staying around as its been painted. Its rather old and I thought it may be up for the chop.
 

driver9000

Established Member
Joined
13 Jan 2008
Messages
4,566
Yes I know but my point was it must be staying around as its been painted. Its rather old and I thought it may be up for the chop.

a 56 plate isnt that old! scandalous to scrap a 2yr old bus!!

The J reg Leyland Olympian will have plenty of life left in it after all there are plenty of buses older than that still in everyday use around the empire.
 

cainebj

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
2,627
Location
UK
i think he means the leyland when saying he thought it may be up for the chop. i thought the same really, seemed pointless painting a J reg when theres still newer vehicles requiring paint which will remain in the stagecoach fleet for longer!
 

33011

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2008
Messages
300
I was never much of a fan of the B10M Lancaster had about 30 at one point! I found them uncomfortable, rattly and rough riding. The steering had too much play in it (movement before actually moving the road wheels) that said though they were very reliable. I remember having 20547 one day and every time you took your foot off the throttle the retarder kicked in and attempted to stop the bus!! I think what made my mind up about the B10M was driving the double deck version 'CityBus' which was a B10 chassis with a DD body making it very tall, and when I was involved in a serious accident in a B10M which didnt stand up a frontal impact too well although I was able to escape through the emergency door (thats higher than it looks!!)
We had some D10M Volvos (citybus i think)at Portsmouth Depot height 14ft10 iirc ex Southdown F301 to 312 MYJ batch.I don't know if it was the same with the ones you had but when you put them in reverse you had to press another button on the dash before the buggers would move.
 

Dallamlad

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2008
Messages
3,109
Location
Manchester
Oh sorry chaps I of course meant the Leyland when I was talking about scrapping. Sorry. I'm really looking forward to what happens on the 22nd and after. I want to see what moves and what stays. How many extra deckers do you think Preston will have after the timetable change. Cumbria may end up with some old Tridents to replace the aging Leylands. Well one can dream but it wont happen of course. Once all the old PB vehicles have gone there mite not be anything to move around.
 

driver9000

Established Member
Joined
13 Jan 2008
Messages
4,566
Hi 33011, the D10Ms we had were NC Palatine 1 bodied marked as 15'3, they did have the reverse interlock button but on the opposite side of the cab to the reverse button! They were also dual doored with an open button for each door and a single close button to close both entrance and exit doors, I lost count of the amount of times I nearly trapped someone in the front door by trying to close the exit door on its own!! (the button marked Exit close)

They were used on route 133 Liverpool Street-Tooting Broadway mostly but did occasionally appear on other routes such as the 77A. Below is a photo of VC13 on the 133. Not my photo.

http://scanphotos.fotopic.net/p36312273.html
 

cainebj

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
2,627
Location
UK
47023 is on Moorclose Circular 50.
33167 is sitting on the annexe with "Moorclose Circular 51" on display. i havnt yet seen what is on 51.
33168 on Harrington and Seaton along with a Vario that i didn't see reg / number of.
20757 currently on the annexe after working "300 CARLISLE". 16651 took over it at Workington Bus Station at 10:35 ish.
40651 has been on "Northside 48" and is currently on the annexe.

its a shame 16358 is going for disposal really, even though i hate it haha. it would have suited school work and BNG only rather than service on 300. it was useless on 300! took ages to build up some speed, and even then, it didnt really match the R reg's! it was also less comfortable than the R reg's! interior was generally pretty scruffy compared to other buses (suited for schools really).
 
Last edited:

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
Ex-Preston Bus Metrorider No. 22 is now with PeoplesBus in Merseyside for contract work.

22 never received a Stagecoach fleetnumber, being withdrawn as soon as PB were taken over.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top