• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

Stan Drews

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2013
Messages
2,151
Heard Glenrothes will just have Gemini DDs once the service changes kick in later this month.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
when are these likely to be leaving? Im rather fond of them Iv gotta say and quite fancy another ride
 
Joined
20 Mar 2012
Messages
759
when are these likely to be leaving? Im rather fond of them Iv gotta say and quite fancy another ride

16924 is already a strathtay bus as it noted in dundee on Thursday on the arbroath 74 working along with strathtay lettering on it. 16921-3 should follow in the next 2 weeks before the schools return.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Service changes start on the 18th, so they might be head back soon.

With these losses, the 35 (Cupar - Perth) is getting totally withdrawn except the 07.30 journey...

I believe that the 64 is to be operated by solos instead of DDs
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Heard Glenrothes will just have Gemini DDs once the service changes kick in later this month.

In that case, what'll happen to 16933-6? I hope if they do leave glenrothes, they could head to arbroath to replace 27526-9 on the 39s. Leaving 27545-6 on one 27 and 30 working.
 

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Joined
20 Aug 2013
Messages
1,604
Location
Bridgeton, Glasgow
16924 is already a strathtay bus as it noted in dundee on Thursday on the arbroath 74 working along with strathtay lettering on it. 16921-3 should follow in the next 2 weeks before the schools return.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


I believe that the 64 is to be operated by solos instead of DDs
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


In that case, what'll happen to 16933-6? I hope if they do leave glenrothes, they could head to arbroath to replace 27526-9 on the 39s. Leaving 27545-6 on one 27 and 30 working.

Perth could utilise 16933-6 if they do leave Glenrothres and get they bloody Oly's off service routes and keep them for the schools only...
 

tbtc

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Dec 2008
Messages
18,058
Location
Reston City Centre
I believe that the 64 is to be operated by solos instead of DDs

That's quite a reduction in seats!

Then again, Stagecoach have had a number of Fife services where larger vehicles were required for the sake of a couple of school trips a day - the loss of the (Bell Baxter) contracts should see some routes getting more appropriate vehicles all day long, I'd guess (never seen a non-school 41 that requried a double decker, for example).

The service changes in north east Fife aren't *too* bad, considering the school losses - the 35 doesn't serve much population between Cupar and Newburgh (and the 94 retains the direct service between the towns).

One fewer bus an hour from Dundee to Tayport, no more through services from Tayport to Ninewells, but everything else seems fairly solid.

The Dunfermline changes are interesting - still quite a muddle on the expanding eastern fringe of the town (Dulloch Park, Amazon, Leisure Park etc), but will give Halbeath P&R some better links to places in/around Dunfermline for anyone doing longer distance journeys to the north (i.e. not just about getting people to park/connect at Halbeath to travel to Edinburgh - there's an eye on connections to be able to do journeys like Glenrothes to Amazon).

Can't remember which service is "every 75 minutes", but that's going to be a tricky one to remember the times of (presumably not worth increasing the PVR though, so a compromise).

The withdrawl of the 79 (once a frequent service from Dalgetty Bay to Dunfermline, in the days when the 7 was only once or twice an hour, later extended to Kelty, then the Dalgetty Bay bit was chopped off) and the 97 (once almost bi-hourly from Leven to St Andrews on some of the back roads, before the hourly "coach" replaced it) mean the end of a couple of service numbers that have been running in Fife since deregulation though.

PS: Does anyone know what M&W are getting for the school contracts?
 

Bod

Member
Joined
14 Oct 2013
Messages
136
So with the schools on holiday at the moment are any olympians out in public service in Perth at the present time or are they grounded until the schools return?

Is 16658 still working off Arbroath or sitting idle until withdrawal does anyone know?
 

Liam

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
1,245
95 no longer serving Earlsferry or going into St Monans. The bit after St Andrews bus station has been chopped off too.

Is Glenrothes getting some of the 43A/44A/45 in the evening? Theres a 2340 X4 from Leven presumably to get the bus home.

The withdrawl of the 79 (once a frequent service from Dalgetty Bay to Dunfermline, in the days when the 7 was only once or twice an hour, later extended to Kelty, then the Dalgetty Bay bit was chopped off) and the 97 (once almost bi-hourly from Leven to St Andrews on some of the back roads, before the hourly "coach" replaced it) mean the end of a couple of service numbers that have been running in Fife since deregulation though.

Dunfermline-Kelty has had a few different numbers. I remember when it was the 55 Edinburgh-Dunfermline-Kelty, 56 also went into Dunfermline.
 

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
MPDs 34367/71/75 have landed at Dunfermline from Stagecoach South.

They are still in Black/Yellow livery from their time with Fleet Buzz so will need repainting before entering service.
 

robertclark125

Established Member
Joined
12 Mar 2008
Messages
1,650
Location
Cardenden, Fife
Should be moving to the Aberhill paint shop this week. But no word yet as to where they'll be based. I wonder if they may go to Glenrothes for the 64.
 

pimmy

New Member
Joined
7 Aug 2014
Messages
4
Hi I've heard all 64s moving 2 st andrews with glenrothes getting 32s x4 g7 and 46 they will also be doing the 43 a and 44 a at nite
 

317 forever

Established Member
Joined
21 Aug 2010
Messages
3,286
Location
North West
East Scotland may well have more leather-seated vehicles (apart perhaps from NatEx contracts) than anywhere else within Stagecoach in the country. On Thursday I rode exapmples of coaches on routes X24 and X60, and an Omnilink on route 55, all leather-seated.

Although some Kinetics are at Perth for out of town services like the 15, I saw one lent to Dunfermline for route 55 and 78.
 

overthewater

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2012
Messages
9,129
East Scotland may well have more leather-seated vehicles (apart perhaps from NatEx contracts) than anywhere else within Stagecoach in the country. On Thursday I rode exapmples of coaches on routes X24 and X60, and an Omnilink on route 55, all leather-seated.

Although some Kinetics are at Perth for out of town services like the 15, I saw one lent to Dunfermline for route 55 and 78.

Leather seats buses and coaches are used for the express service to Glasgow and Edinburgh. Around 4 Kinetics are now based at Dunfermline, I believe.
 

Stan Drews

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2013
Messages
2,151
East Scotland may well have more leather-seated vehicles (apart perhaps from NatEx contracts) than anywhere else within Stagecoach in the country. On Thursday I rode exapmples of coaches on routes X24 and X60, and an Omnilink on route 55, all leather-seated.

Although some Kinetics are at Perth for out of town services like the 15, I saw one lent to Dunfermline for route 55 and 78.

The EL Kinetics at Dunfermline are the ones they acquired from Western, rather than the native batch at Perth.
 

317 forever

Established Member
Joined
21 Aug 2010
Messages
3,286
Location
North West
The EL Kinetics at Dunfermline are the ones they acquired from Western, rather than the native batch at Perth.

It will make sense to have all the Kinetics if not under one roof then at relatively near garages. I admit I never quite saw the fleet number of the 55 or 78 example.
 

overthewater

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2012
Messages
9,129
One has to wonder how the council has come to its conclusions, when it comes to some of the school tender changes in the North east of Fife.

It surly must have cost more money to give the school contracts for a certain number of route which were interlinked into the main bus network ie 35, 64, 66, 94.

Can anyone explain why its happened? I know Fife council has been trying to get more operators to bid for the work, but even if Stagecoach had kept the school work which used to linked to those routes, plenty of other work would have still been up for grabs.
 

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Joined
20 Aug 2013
Messages
1,604
Location
Bridgeton, Glasgow
It will make sense to have all the Kinetics if not under one roof then at relatively near garages. I admit I never quite saw the fleet number of the 55 or 78 example.

Perth has always had Kinetics, 22501 - 22507 have always been Perth vehicles, except Perth doesn't have 22507 anymore as that got burnt out.

Fife got 22508. 22510, 20511, 22512, 22514 and 22515 which came from Western. 22509 and 22513 remain with Western...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Perth are taking delivery of their new E300's for the newly branded Letham & Tulloch Loop. The launch date is the 14th of August at McDiarmid Park.

More information can be found on the Stagecoach website...

Letham & Tulloch Loop Launch
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The Strathtay E400's that I said were moving to Perth a while ago have started to go to Perth.

I saw one of them on the 15 this afternoon, SP60DP...But I missed the last letter on the reg plate so I'm not sure which one it was...
 
Joined
20 Mar 2012
Messages
759
Perth has always had Kinetics, 22501 - 22507 have always been Perth vehicles, except Perth doesn't have 22507 anymore as that got burnt out.

Fife got 22508. 22510, 20511, 22512, 22514 and 22515 which came from Western. 22509 and 22513 remain with Western...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Perth are taking delivery of their new E300's for the newly branded Letham & Tulloch Loop. The launch date is the 14th of August at McDiarmid Park.

More information can be found on the Stagecoach website...

Letham & Tulloch Loop Launch
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The Strathtay E400's that I said were moving to Perth a while ago have started to go to Perth.

I saw one of them on the 15 this afternoon, SP60DP...But I missed the last letter on the reg plate so I'm not sure which one it was...

I don't think that's true as according to a member of DABF that 3 tridents from rennies have gone to perth along with 19664/9 from aberhill to replace the 3 MAN E300s and 4 olys. So it must've been 19664/9 you saw on the 15.
 

Liam

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
1,245
St Andrews-Dundee Night bus to be introduced 4 nights per week from September 8.
 

Jamester

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2010
Messages
155
What I meant was, what is the daytime student single, who this service is directed to.

I assume it would be £3.15 as student fares are usually 2 thirds of an adult fare.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I notice on the Fleet List there are 8 new Volvo B11R coaches earmarked for Aberhill.
 

Top