• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staff passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leyland Bus

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2021
Messages
1,228
Location
York
Evening all,

I *think* I'm in the right area for this question, apologies if not.

I work for Go North West, part of the Bee Network and regularly travel to my work at Bolton and back by train from Oxford Rd Station. Afew weeks before Christmas, I was chatting to a dispatcher about all things Bee Network (he'd clocked my coat) and he mentioned that I can use my bus company staff pass on the train for free travel as I'm going to work as it's within the Greater Manchester boundary... I've never heard of it before but wondered if anyone on here who works for Northern could tell me if this is actually correct or not before I rock up at either station and end up with a penalty fare!

Many, many thanks in advance :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
8 Feb 2021
Messages
1,062
Location
Manchester
TPE not Northern but we still run Bolton - Manchester. Not aware of any new acceptance with Bee Network staff passes, as I understand there’s no freebies sadly

Others may come over and correct this as I don’t sign the Bolton line (but I do sign other GM lines) and Northern may have something just for Northern services
 

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,901
I can't see anything that says Bee Network staff are entitled to free travel.
 

Segedunum

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Joined
22 Dec 2013
Messages
4,758
Location
Up North
It's probably much wiser to ask this question internally - either through HR or by seeing if there's any information on your staff intranet or similar.

These things (particularly between larger organisations) are often done with some kind of reciprocal agreement.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top