• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staff from Liverpool to BHM and LEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
1,432
Location
South Liverpool
Hello, I'm back!

As always, I'm asking for help instead of giving it :P

I'm trying to do Liverpool S Pway to Birmingham N St this coming Thursday, arriving into BHM around 0830 and returning anytime between 1330 and 1530.

Also wondering about the cheapest way of getting to Leicester and back at short notice, most probably travelling off peak and coming back on the same day.


It's with a Staff Travel Card, but I also have a 16-25 railcard if you're delving into AP tickets!

Your help, as always, invaluable!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2011
Messages
8,589
Location
Birmingham
LM advances seem your best bet

6:40 - 8:17
£7.90

14:36-15:59
£5.95

Total £12.85 with a Y-P discount


As for going to Leicester I would suggest LM advances to BHM and then getting a day return from BHM-LEI.

From BHM-LEI you'd be best off getting an anytime return with the staff card
 

First class

Established Member
Joined
9 Aug 2008
Messages
2,731
Liverpool-Birmingham is only £11.40 return with a PRIV.

Liverpool-Leicester is only £14.85 return with a PRIV.

Advance tickets aren't going to get you much lower than that!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top