• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Pancras to Stratford International using HS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2009
Messages
9,267
Are there fares from St Pancras to Stratford International using HS1? Are Zone 1-3 Travelcards valid on that line?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,774
Stratford International isn't yet open.

There will be fares once it is open (after all, that's part of the Olympic transport plan), but I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a wild guess that it will be entirely seperate from TfL's fares, so Travelcards, Oyster etc won't be valid.

This way, if it is included within the main TfL system, I can be pleasantly surprised, rather than expecting it to be included and being disappointed when they don't...
 

A60K

Member
Joined
26 Jun 2008
Messages
1,030
Location
Kilburn
The only fare currently shown is £4 for an any time single. I don't believe any zonal tickets will be valid, and jonmorris posted about his experience with trying to get a ticket extension for HS1 services last week.
 

radamfi

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2009
Messages
9,267
The only fare currently shown is £4 for an any time single. I don't believe any zonal tickets will be valid, and jonmorris posted about his experience with trying to get a ticket extension for HS1 services last week.

£4 is the normal price for a single between Liverpool Street and Stratford.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,428
Location
Yorkshire
I bet it costs such an insanely high amount of money that no-one uses it. I'd like to be proven wrong though....
 

Electrostar

Member
Joined
18 May 2009
Messages
315
I bet it costs such an insanely high amount of money that no-one uses it. I'd like to be proven wrong though....

Price-concious passengers may not use the St Pancras to Stratford link other than during the Olympics but plenty of people from Kent will alight at Stratford International when the DLR link opens next year and the huge Westfield shopping centre opens in 2011. Of course those with larger pockets may well prefer the seven minute journey from St Pancras to Stratford International over the Victoria/Northern-Central line option. Don't forget there are scores of apartments being built close to Stratford International and the temptation of a stress-free journey into St Pancras is very appealing.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,428
Location
Yorkshire
I doubt the mad rush for the tube at St Pancras will be appealing, when they can take the Central line direct though. I guess if there are people who live a lot nearer International than the traditional station then that may sway it, but not if the fare is extortionate. Admittedly St Pancras has great links, but the change isn't appealing yet. Maybe it will when the work is all complete, we'll see...

But if so many people are getting off the trains at Stratford, they really should let at least some of those peoples' seats be taken up by people doing Stratford-St Pancras. I bet they just want to milk it though and don't see it that way.
 

A60K

Member
Joined
26 Jun 2008
Messages
1,030
Location
Kilburn
£4 is the normal price for a single between Liverpool Street and Stratford.

Yes, and it's also what the National Rail site quotes for a journey from London St Pancras to Stratford via HS1 after 13 December.

Interestingly, if you do that search, the National Rail site shows the times of the connecting buses from Stratford International to the regional station. 'Stratford International' (CRS code SFA) is not recognised as a destination on the National Rail site yet, but does appear when you ask for a journey that would have to be routed through it.



--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I bet it costs such an insanely high amount of money that no-one uses it. I'd like to be proven wrong though....

Well, unless the National Rail site (above) has got it wrong, it's looking promising!


 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
The National Express East Coast site quotes the same, and will allow you to book on the trains with this fare. Day return is quoted at £8, the zone 1-4 off peak and anytime day travelcards are also offered as return tickets.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top