• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Mary Cray - Maidstone ticket: Permitted Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radley

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2019
Messages
101
Location
Tolworth
Hello!

I’m very curious about something. One Saturday I’m deciding to do a trip in Kent, starting my day in St Mary Cray and then catching some trains to Maidstone.

Is it valid doing all of the following routes between St Mary Cray and Maidstone (Any):

St Mary Cray - Maidstone Barracks (via Strood)

St Mary Cray - Maidstone West (via Sevenoaks and Tonbridge)

St Mary Cray - Maidstone East (via Otford and Kemsing)

If so, is there a way I can get the ticket to include “Maidstone Stations” or “Maidstone (Any)”?

I’m a little new to the system, so sorry if there’s any confusions that arise. Thank you for your time!

Daryl
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,447
Location
Yorkshire
This ticket should suffice:

https://www.brfares.com/!faredetail?orig=SMY&dest=0437&rte=1000&tkt=CDR
Standard​
RETURN​
OFF-PEAK DAY R [B3]
CDR
​
From​
ST MARY CRAY​
​
​
To​
MAIDSTONE STNS​
​
​
Route​
.​
If you use Trainsplit and use Advanced Options, you can specify different via points for your outward and return journeys and generate the itineraries you require; these itineraries are not binding on a flexible ticket but give evidence of validiity.

I'll leave it to someone else to check the routeings, but if you are offered it on one ticket, that is evidence of validity (and, where a ticket is purchased in conjunction with an itinerary, your entitlement to travel on those trains is contractually binding irrespective of the routeing guide)
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,793
Hello!

I’m very curious about something. One Saturday I’m deciding to do a trip in Kent, starting my day in St Mary Cray and then catching some trains to Maidstone.

Is it valid doing all of the following routes between St Mary Cray and Maidstone (Any):

St Mary Cray - Maidstone Barracks (via Strood)

St Mary Cray - Maidstone West (via Sevenoaks and Tonbridge)

St Mary Cray - Maidstone East (via Otford and Kemsing)

If so, is there a way I can get the ticket to include “Maidstone Stations” or “Maidstone (Any)”?

I’m a little new to the system, so sorry if there’s any confusions that arise. Thank you for your time!

Daryl
You are aware that there is a national rail strike happening on Saturday, aren’t you? Services will be very limited and not running on all routes.
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,772
Location
UK
Hello!

I’m very curious about something. One Saturday I’m deciding to do a trip in Kent, starting my day in St Mary Cray and then catching some trains to Maidstone.

Is it valid doing all of the following routes between St Mary Cray and Maidstone (Any):

St Mary Cray - Maidstone Barracks (via Strood)

St Mary Cray - Maidstone West (via Sevenoaks and Tonbridge)

St Mary Cray - Maidstone East (via Otford and Kemsing)

If so, is there a way I can get the ticket to include “Maidstone Stations” or “Maidstone (Any)”?

I’m a little new to the system, so sorry if there’s any confusions that arise. Thank you for your time!

Daryl
Tickets from St Mary Cray to Maidstone are issued to Maidstone Stations, which includes Maidstone East, West and Barracks.

All of the routes you ask about are permitted routes in this case. If in doubt, you can search on National Rail Enquiries and enter appropriate 'via' points to get it to show the route you are interested in; if it offers it in conjunction with the same fare as the ticket you hold/are intending to buy, it's valid. If it says 'multiple tickets are required' then it isn't valid.

Alternatively, you are entitled to rely on any itinerary offered by a journey planner.
 

Radley

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2019
Messages
101
Location
Tolworth
You are aware that there is a national rail strike happening on Saturday, aren’t you? Services will be very limited and not running on all routes.
Oh yeah, I’m aware! I’m waiting till July for it to take place haha

Thanks for the raise anyways.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

This ticket should suffice:

https://www.brfares.com/!faredetail?orig=SMY&dest=0437&rte=1000&tkt=CDRIf you use Trainsplit and use Advanced Options, you can specify different via points for your outward and return journeys and generate the itineraries you require; these itineraries are not binding on a flexible ticket but give evidence of validiity.

I'll leave it to someone else to check the routeings, but if you are offered it on one ticket, that is evidence of validity (and, where a ticket is purchased in conjunction with an itinerary, your entitlement to travel on those trains is contractually binding irrespective of the routeing guide)
Many thanks!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Tickets from St Mary Cray to Maidstone are issued to Maidstone Stations, which includes Maidstone East, West and Barracks.

All of the routes you ask about are permitted routes in this case. If in doubt, you can search on National Rail Enquiries and enter appropriate 'via' points to get it to show the route you are interested in; if it offers it in conjunction with the same fare as the ticket you hold/are intending to buy, it's valid. If it says 'multiple tickets are required' then it isn't valid.

Alternatively, you are entitled to rely on any itinerary offered by a journey planner.
Fab. Thank you very much :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top