jjbb
New Member
Afternoon afternoon,
I'm looking to get tickets for me and my partner (both on 26-30 railcards) from SMT to EDB on the 12th Aug (one way, already booked the sleeper back
). Slight fly in the proverbial, in that we will be held up in St Margarets for an indeterminate period of time, and would want to catch a train earliest 10am to latest 5pm.
I've checked out on the forum's ticketing site and from my reckoning it'd be a fairly painful £279 for an anytime ticket, or roughly £100 for the 16:48, which means we could end up sitting at St Margarets for a good 7hrs... Neither's ideal, so wondering if there's a cheaper/better way of doing it? Maybe by not going into London but taking a more circuitous route? Buying it on the day is potentially risky as it's the fringe, and I recall last year the trains being fully sold out to head up north a few days in advance.
Cheers in advance,
Jacob
I'm looking to get tickets for me and my partner (both on 26-30 railcards) from SMT to EDB on the 12th Aug (one way, already booked the sleeper back
). Slight fly in the proverbial, in that we will be held up in St Margarets for an indeterminate period of time, and would want to catch a train earliest 10am to latest 5pm. I've checked out on the forum's ticketing site and from my reckoning it'd be a fairly painful £279 for an anytime ticket, or roughly £100 for the 16:48, which means we could end up sitting at St Margarets for a good 7hrs... Neither's ideal, so wondering if there's a cheaper/better way of doing it? Maybe by not going into London but taking a more circuitous route? Buying it on the day is potentially risky as it's the fringe, and I recall last year the trains being fully sold out to head up north a few days in advance.
Cheers in advance,
Jacob