• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St Helens Central - St Helens Junction Rail Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Joined
22 Apr 2010
Messages
8,341
I was aware that a company called Hays Chemical Distribution Ltd was situated on Lancots Lane in St Helens. Is that a different chemical company to the one stated in your quote above ?


Sorry - my mistake - it was Hays, not Heyes. I seem to recall that another company may have bought (or wanted to buy) Hays before the final closure, but I cannot remember any more details. I think one of the original purposes of the acid plant was to supply the adjacent British Sidac factory, which closed about 20 to 30 years ago.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top