Alanko
Member
Hello all,
I have some time off in a couple of weeks. I live in Edinburgh, and would like to do a bit of light spotting. I'm not one for jotting down numbers, just interested in what I might see. Generally I'm more interested in freight than passenger trains (I do Edinburgh to Glasgow three times a week on 385s, either into Queen Street or Central so I get more than my fill, this way).
I've read on here that Coatbridge Central is a good location to see freight services from a 'Glasgow area' perspective. A glance at RTT and it looks like there is maybe one or two freight movements and hour?
I also have a soft spot for East Lothian, so would somewhere like Drem be a good contender? Basically I'm looking for somewhere I can take a good book, a flask of coffee and not worry too much about being mugged (or looking like an abject weirdo
).
I have some time off in a couple of weeks. I live in Edinburgh, and would like to do a bit of light spotting. I'm not one for jotting down numbers, just interested in what I might see. Generally I'm more interested in freight than passenger trains (I do Edinburgh to Glasgow three times a week on 385s, either into Queen Street or Central so I get more than my fill, this way).
I've read on here that Coatbridge Central is a good location to see freight services from a 'Glasgow area' perspective. A glance at RTT and it looks like there is maybe one or two freight movements and hour?
I also have a soft spot for East Lothian, so would somewhere like Drem be a good contender? Basically I'm looking for somewhere I can take a good book, a flask of coffee and not worry too much about being mugged (or looking like an abject weirdo