They,as a nation, seem incapable of pronouncing the letter "T" when speaking. Every time one of their defence spokesmen talks of N A D O (instead of N A T O), I conjure up a vision of the North American Doughnut Organisation![]()
North *Atlantic* Doughnut Organisation
I rarely correct people - I once tried to politely suggest by PM that someone on here might want to correct a grammatical error in their signature as it goes into every post they write and I was told that if they were bothered about correct grammar they'd use a checker and I "should take an NVQ in Life Management".
I tend to leave people to their ignorance after that.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I did have to correct a store locally with a sign which mispelled the town it was in ("Keithley" instead of "Keighley" in foot high letters and not noticed by anyone who worked there...)
And I complained at ASDA to blinkiing incomprehension about dozens of posters saying "Please help us use less carrier bags" (it's "fewer carrier bags")
Last edited: