No, I think you'll find it was the Christians who forced the people of Britain to call it "Christmas". It is the Christians who forced the date change from 21st to 25th! :roll:The proof is everywhere,
For example many businesses a couple years ago got forced to use 'Seasons Greetings' instead of 'Merry Christmas'.
They were small changes, mostly and the press was also minimal.
Why should the Christians dictate to the people of Britain when we celebrate and what we celebrate? Yule (aka Yuletide) has been a special time of year in this country for thousands of years, before Christians forced us to change it to Christmas.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/festivals/december/christmas-yule-and-the-winter-solstice.html
Of course I do not find the term Christmas offending but I do find it rather ironic and annoying when Christians conveniently forget history and then moan that the term they brought to this country is not used. The cheek of it!!!