Last night at Southport the train has roughly 40 minutes to wait before returning to Wigan and beyond. The Northern Rail driver and guard went out the side entrance and came back shortly before departure time. Is there a staff mess room out that way? Are there separate rooms for Northern Rail and Merseyrail employees here?
From my view of the layout of Southport station, I'd presume staff facilities would be on the side with the toilets but the abundance of shops in the forecourt probably have altered the layout over time.
From a staff point of view, I'd rather be waiting 40 minutes at Southport than at some remote terminus like Mallaig or Stranraer Harbour for possibly longer!
From my view of the layout of Southport station, I'd presume staff facilities would be on the side with the toilets but the abundance of shops in the forecourt probably have altered the layout over time.
From a staff point of view, I'd rather be waiting 40 minutes at Southport than at some remote terminus like Mallaig or Stranraer Harbour for possibly longer!