• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southestern Train Driver - Orpington Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

macia1/2

New Member
Joined
23 Dec 2014
Messages
2
Good morning all,

I applied for SE Trainee Driver Orpington in August 2014.

On 16th December 2014 I was notified I passed the application stage. I am now waiting an assessment date. Any idea how long is going to take?

Also I now the assessment varies based on TOC. Can anybody explain what the SE assessment consist of?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1stch0ice

Member
Joined
14 Feb 2015
Messages
14
Location
surrey
Hi, I have some info that may help you. I first applied to Southeastern in Aug 2014, had an assessment ( passed ) in early December. didn't hear anything until a couple of weeks ago and had my dm interview yesterday at Orpington station. Just have to wait a few days now to find out if i was successful.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
P.s ,

The southeastern assessments are as follows :
0915 at Tonbridge training centre and straight into the group bourdon tests. These end around 1130 and you have a 30 min break while results are calculated. At this point it's goodbye to those who haven't met the required pass mark. After lunch it's the psychometric, memory and concentration test , the latter is on a pc and you have to watch a grey flashing box for half an hour and hit a button when it changes a darker colour. Next is the situational awareness test ending with the multi modal interview. I got my email of success about a week later and then waited and waited and waited for the call to the final depot manager interview. In my opinion, the dm interview was better than I thought it would be and was quite a relaxed interview.

Hope that helps anyone waiting for an se trains assessment
 

macia1/2

New Member
Joined
23 Dec 2014
Messages
2
Thank you for the advice and the info 1stch0ice. I passed my assessment and waiting for DM interview.

Good luck.
 

cwjohnstone

Member
Joined
20 Aug 2014
Messages
55
Congratulations 1stch0ice,

I applied for Dartford but haven't heard anything, what exactly did you have to do for each of the aptitude tests if you don't mind me asking? Many thanks
 

1stch0ice

Member
Joined
14 Feb 2015
Messages
14
Location
surrey
Congratulations 1stch0ice,

I applied for Dartford but haven't heard anything, what exactly did you have to do for each of the aptitude tests if you don't mind me asking? Many thanks

Hi and thanks , if your referring to the tests at assessment, I have listed them as best i can remember above. If you want more detailed info about the individual tests themselves, search this forum or do a google search - there is loads of stuff already out there to view.

Good luck with your quest !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top