• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern via Kensington Olympia

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9f

Member
Joined
11 Dec 2013
Messages
27
Hi All,
I'm heading North for Christmas on the 23/12/16 returning on 28/12/16. Part of my convaluted plan includes an off peak return from Brighton to Northampton via Kensington Olympia.
I see that this service is not running on the 23rd but the Southern site is a bit vague about the 28th. Is it safe to assume this a service that will be disrupted?
London Midland are accepting tickets but am I likely to encounter any puzzled looks from barrier staff/TTIs?
Also, can I use Thameslink St Pancras and walk to Euston with this ticket?
Cheers.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Muzer

Established Member
Joined
3 Feb 2012
Messages
2,784
AFAIK they're usually the first to be canned (before even the Southamptons) when there's disruption, and given the fact that people will likely be taking lots of leave and the overtime ban, yes, I'd plan for the worst.

If ticket acceptance is in place on both LM and Thameslink I don't see why that wouldn't be accepted. During disruption which results in ticket acceptance normal rules go out of the window and we return to a BR "Reasonable routes" state, with the added caveat that only TOCs participating in ticket acceptance can be used.
 
Last edited:

matt9f

Member
Joined
11 Dec 2013
Messages
27
Thanks. Ironically, the journey will be simpler if there IS disruption to Southern services...
 

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
I can almost guarantee that the service will not run. In the past 2 weeks or so we had a Sunday with one return service run, and one Sunday where an hourly service ran throughout the day.

And I can also confirm that Thameslink to St Pancras, and London Midland Euston - Northampton will be accepted, it is the route I tell people to go unless they are in much of a hurry, especially if they don't like the Underground!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top