• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern (GTR) - Trainee Train Driver (Future vacancies) - Various depots (02/06/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mabs

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2018
Messages
402
I don't think we're looking at assessment dates until at least the end of this year
I've done my assessments with another toc so I'm waiting for a DMI for Thameslink. Been waiting over two months. Hopefully it's soon.
 

Mabs

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2018
Messages
402
Will you not have to complete the DFFT ?
I did that in Croydon nearly three months ago and I"m happy to say I passed it. I also did the online scaat test and passed it.

I just hate this waiting around.
 

Mabs

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2018
Messages
402
Also awaiting a DMI.

3 months ago was the last I heard from them, emailed about 6 weeks ago and got ignored :lol:
Hopefully we hear soon but most likely once all this ticket office mess is sorted out. All the tocs are very busy sorting that out.
 

James_E

New Member
Joined
12 Apr 2023
Messages
2
Location
London
Afternoon Chaps.

For those of you who have completed the miniSCAAT, how long did it take for you to be notified of the results (assuming that you were?). I just did it myself and I confess I'm feeling anxious to know if I made the cut!

Thanks
 

Chrysalis

Member
Joined
1 Jun 2023
Messages
161
Location
England
Afternoon Chaps.

For those of you who have completed the miniSCAAT, how long did it take for you to be notified of the results (assuming that you were?). I just did it myself and I confess I'm feeling anxious to know if I made the cut!

Thanks
A week, if I remember correctly.
 

Tb12

Member
Joined
22 Apr 2020
Messages
39
Location
London
W
I've done my assessments with another toc so I'm waiting for a DMI for Thameslink. Been waiting over two months. Hopefully it's soon

I've done my assessments with another toc so I'm waiting for a DMI for Thameslink. Been waiting over two months. Hopefully it's soon.
What depot are you waiting for at Thameslink?
 

Mabs

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2018
Messages
402
W



What depot are you waiting for at Thameslink?
I'm waiting for Cricklewood.

Anyone know if there is parking at Cricklewood and roughly how many spaces in the car park? Also is there any electric charge points ? Or if there is any plans to add them in the future.

Thank you for your help.
 

NSE

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2010
Messages
1,920
I'm waiting for Cricklewood.

Anyone know if there is parking at Cricklewood and roughly how many spaces in the car park? Also is there any electric charge points ? Or if there is any plans to add them in the future.

Thank you for your help.
Don’t know the answers. But until you get PTS (which is pretty quick) it’s the worst depot to access
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,670
I'm waiting for Cricklewood.

Anyone know if there is parking at Cricklewood and roughly how many spaces in the car park? Also is there any electric charge points ? Or if there is any plans to add them in the future.

Thank you for your help.
Parking yes but don't know how many spaces. Usually enough. Charging points I'm pretty sure yes. I'm working in Cricklewood tonight and will double check if I remember.
 

Mattydo

Member
Joined
27 Mar 2020
Messages
215
There are electric parking. Getting a card for it on the other hand...

There's a lot of vacancies at Cricklewood and we have some drivers leaving there all the time so do remain patient and hopeful.
 

Mabs

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2018
Messages
402
Parking yes but don't know how many spaces. Usually enough. Charging points I'm pretty sure yes. I'm working in Cricklewood tonight and will double check if I remember.
Thank you for your help.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

There are electric parking. Getting a card for it on the other hand...

There's a lot of vacancies at Cricklewood and we have some drivers leaving there all the time so do remain patient and hopeful.
Hopefully will be good news for those waiting.
 

baz962

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2017
Messages
3,670
27 spots , one is disabled and five for electric. Three charging points each has two sockets by the look of it. Although not official parking you could probably park outside the main depot entrance. Network rail and contractors used to. It's well off the beaten path and your vehicle would be safe , a colleague of mine used to park outside.
 

Mabs

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2018
Messages
402
27 spots , one is disabled and five for electric. Three charging points each has two sockets by the look of it. Although not official parking you could probably park outside the main depot entrance. Network rail and contractors used to. It's well off the beaten path and your vehicle would be safe , a colleague of mine used to park outside.
That's great information. Thank you.

If I got the job, it's only around 30 minutes drive for me. It would be perfect.
 

bruebunny

Member
Joined
11 Dec 2013
Messages
95
Has anyone heard anything who had Selhurst as their preferred depot? I haven't had any movement since the online test portion back in June.
 

Chrysalis

Member
Joined
1 Jun 2023
Messages
161
Location
England
Has anyone heard anything who had Selhurst as their preferred depot? I haven't had any movement since the online test portion back in June.
Didn't apply for Selhurst myself but I believe that no one has heard anything, regardless of which depot applied for. :(
 

@superyam

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2023
Messages
5
Location
Croydon
There will be a new course starting jan/feb. I am told for southern rail. Good luck to anyone waiting in the talent pool.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top